• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 build

RR69

Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
I'm building a .30 over 440. Flat top pistons, factory crank, machine work is done. Now I'm buying the rest. Looking at 7quart pan high volume pump, comp roller cam ( 244/549), Howard's hyd roller lifters, stealth heads, 1.6 roller rockers, unsure on manifold and carb or FI, maybe edelbrock manifold. I don't even have a car to put it in at the moment, sold all my Mopars. Any ideas or suggestions would help.

What pistons exactly, to start with

Don't want to be rude, but what is your question? You've given us a brief build description of an engine , but no intended purpose or direction what you want to do. Street car, race car, truck, motorhome, what??? Like saying I bought a 750cfm carb. what do I do with it? You want suggestions? - tell us wth you're gonna do with it.

Don't want to be rude, but what is your question? You've given us a brief build description of an engine , but no intended purpose or direction what you want to do. Street car, race car, truck, motorhome, what??? Like saying I bought a 750cfm carb. what do I do with it? You want suggestions? - tell us wth you're gonna do with it.
Agreed.
A whole lot of extra $ spent
if you're just going to the
grocery store.
All that "be cool" stuff can
be toned down with actual
usage of the vehicle and a
decent power to weight
ratio. That 440 will perform
just as well pert near stock
in a lighter car.

Auto Transport Service