• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lowering with Leaf Spring Hangers

JR_Charger

Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
leaf_spring_hanger_drop.jpeg

Is there a corresponding "drop" rear shackle, or are the hangers enough?

Does lowering with the hangers require shims under the spring perches?

Most shackle's wont be able to go lower and still do their job. Most likely you will have to shim the axle but you wont know for sure until yo get it all together and measure the pinion angle.

I have a set of those for mine

But haven't put them in yet

Axles shims may be easiest quickness, most affordable way to get a different ride height look, especially if OEM u bolts are long enough to accommodate the shims needed.
Performance wise, they have some compromises, to experiment, they would be my first suggestion.

I read a few posts here about lowering blocks, one said they are currently Chinese-manufactured crap, so I'll pass.

I made my own lowering blocks.... out of 1 1/2x2 1/2 solid billet 6061, with a tool steel pin.
No complaints.
But yes, you might need an angled shim to get the pinion angle you want.

I made my own lowering blocks.... out of 1 1/2x2 1/2 solid billet 6061, with a tool steel pin.
No complaints.
But yes, you might need an angled shim to get the pinion angle you want.
Make sure the Alum is not from China. :lol:

I put the front hangers in.

No change or caused any kind of driveline vibration

Dropped the rear of the car about 1-1/2inch or so.
Pics are after

20240503_155149.jpg

20240503_155133.jpg

20240503_155022.jpg

Ordered last night. The PST member discount hasn't gone through yet, wonder if they ended it?

Auto Transport Service
Back