• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“The Mighty Mopars”

69-beeper

Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
I know this is a little out there, but maybe someone will know.

There was a poem in a magazine about Mopar in the late '80s (may have been a one off mag). I even cut it out and hung it on the wall in my office for a while. It started off sounding like it was story talking about a past time or extinction of the dinosaurs, when they ruled the planet, and how “this one” made thunderous sounds and would make the ground shake when they moved, leaving tracks everywhere they went. All the “others” would hide in fear when they came around. By the end of the poem you began to realize that they were talking about mopars. I remember the poem ending with “They were the Mighty Mopar”.

Ring any bells? I’ve been looking for this poem for a long time. I believe the magazine also had a full color spread of a sublime ‘70 Challenger T/A. I remember cutting those pages out as well :D

Last edited:
"They once roamed the face of the North American continent in great numbers.
They were awesome, powerful beasts, shaking the earth beneath them.
While they existed, they were feared by the weak.
Their stay on this planet was brief - less than two decades.
They are gone now - extinct.
A few remain, like massive metal dinosaurs.

They were the Mighty Mopars, and we will never see their like again."

qre.jpg

http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2011/12/chargers-look-damn-good-with-cragar-ss.html

"They once roamed the face of the North American continent in great numbers.
They were awesome, powerful beasts, shaking the earth beneath them.
While they existed, they were feared by the weak.
Their stay on this planet was brief - less than two decades.
They are gone now - extinct.
A few remain, like massive metal dinosaurs.

They were the Mighty Mopars, and we will never see their like again."
Man that’s it! Awesome! I have always loved that! Thank you :)

It’s amazing how memory fades and changes. For some reason I thought it was longer, but maybe it was just big type in mag as it took up the whole page, lol

I was at my friends House a few years back and we lined up some B Body's
Left to Right
69 Superbee 383 4 Speed
69 Road Runner 426 Hemi Auto
69 GTX 440 Auto
69.5 Road Runner 440/6 Auto
69 GTX 426 Hemi 4 Speed

The Mighty Mopars
Mighty Mopars.jpg

Wasn't too hard to find online, either. Google is your friend! :)
And I tried to find that for years on Google and even Alta Vista and Yahoo back in the day. I even tried again before posting last night, using sentences that I posted here. My searching capabilities are certainly slacking lol

And I tried to find that for years on Google and even Alta Vista and Yahoo back in the day. I even tried again before posting last night, using sentences that I posted here. My searching capabilities are certainly slacking lol
Ahhhh, your Google-Fu is weak, grasshopper! :)
google-fu.jpg

Ahhhh, your Google-Fu is weak, grasshopper! :)
View attachment 1060349
Heheh.. I know, right!

It’s like I was trying to find out what happen with Koller Dodge. I use to get most my retro (actually NOS mostly) and racing gear there in the late ‘80s.

Cant seem to find much of anything online.

kollerdodge.jpg

kollerads.jpg

Last edited:
Heheh.. I know, right!

It’s like I was trying to find out what happen with Koller Dodge. I use to get most my retro (actually NOS mostly) and racing gear there in the late ‘80s.

Cant seem to find much of anything online.

View attachment 1060365

View attachment 1060370
The dealership is still there but they don't do the resto parts sales anymore, they don't even sell Direct Connection parts anymore if you can believe that. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back