• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

0ne owner 1967 GTX restoration

Beautiful car, nice work! Love the then and now pics a few posts back, I think you nailed it!

Thanks,
Here is a shot with the dash lights lit. They did a nice job on the instruments. Time lapse made it a little blurry.

Attachments

• dashlghts.jpg
    dashlghts.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 806
They rebuilt mine. it was working fine but they said that usually they are worn out at 100000.
Here is another picture.

You have to be in the cat's pajama's fella. That dash looks fantastic.
There is a company PG Auto in Canada that does repro instrument cluster and glove boxes for our cars. The dash is around $325.00 No instruments.
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories)
The glove box is $165.00
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories)

Is the lighting supposed to be white or green? My '67 Satellite glows green. Was this an option? I know the later cars, like '69, had an option for the green glow dash.

I recieved the glove box door just in time for the Mopar at the Battleship show this weekend. There were about 200 cars entered and the GTX got a
"Top 40" award.

Attachments

• gtxalabama1.jpg
    gtxalabama1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 785
Well there are a couple of final parts for the car. I found an unsilenced air cleaner (correct for four speed cars) and refinished it the correct wrinkle finish, and also added the correct oil filler cap. That's about it. I took the car to my 40th high school class reunion and my brother saw it in person for the first time since 2005 when I picked it up after Katrina.

Attachments

• gtx4.jpg
    gtx4.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 644
  • gtx2.jpg
    gtx2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 657
  • gtx1.jpg
    gtx1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 665
My brother Edmund and the 1967 Plymouth GTX. 40 years between photos. I am glad that they a both still around!!

Attachments

• edgtxbw.JPG
    edgtxbw.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 689
congrats on the top 40. What did your brother have to say after he saw the car?

Thanks. He said it looked like the day he drove it home from Howard Motors.
I wanted him to take it for a drive but he didn't. He was telling everyone about how it took his daughter home from the hospital and some other stories about the car. I lit up the tires in the parking lot.........for old times sake!

Attachments

• IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:
Hey Gerard, great pictures! You need to post the other burnout picture (that you sent me). You can see the distance better in that one! haha.

Justin
"CornDog"

Thats just plain cool...
GoodPost-1.gif
Kind of an old one but cool..

Really nice story and even better end result!Lotsa hours and money but oh,man the memories rekindled! Congrats!

2012 World of Wheels New Orleans

It has been 28 years since the GTX was in the New Orleans Word of Wheels. The last time it was shown was in 1984. After that show my brother put it in storage where it sat until 2005.

Attachments

• gtxshow1-26.jpg
    gtxshow1-26.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 514
Here is another shot. I re-created the temp tag, the Howard Motors sticker on the deck lid and put down paper dealer floormats so it is just as it was delivered July 31, 1967. I can remember the first time I saw the car on the wash rack at the dealership when I was 13. My mom and brother were taking care of the paperwork in the business office and I went around back to check it out. They dealer transfered it and my brother bought it site unseen. If I could only fill it up with 31.9 cent per gallon Super Shell!!

Attachments

• gtxwow1-26b.jpg
    gtxwow1-26b.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 510
Here it is back in 1984, my 67 427 Corvette Coupe is to the left. My brother had to remind me again that that was one car I should have kept.

Attachments

• gtx84show.jpg
    gtx84show.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 486
Auto Transport Service
Back