• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10.17 Time slip pixs

Mike Gaines

Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
I wanted to post 3 pictures for my fellow mopar guys.
1) Picture of my now personal best prized 10.170 timeslip where I dialed in at 10.17 and ran a perfect 10.170 ET for the win.
2) Picture of my car launching off the transbrake
3) Picture of my new T-Shirts my brother Pat had made up for the races. He made me up 10 shirts so me and the fellas who go with me to the races will all have the same shirts.

20171203_091651.jpg 16450.jpeg 15683.jpeg

Last edited:
No “like” from me. I LOVE it!!

Good job on dialing the car in. I've been following your progress for a couple of years now and it been very impressive. Congratulations on the win too.
Edit: where did you get the shirts done?

Congrats on the 10.17 I see a 9 sec pass in your future. Love the shirts too.

Mike, congrats, what a pass. PLEASE tell me what you did to achieve a 10.17? We have similar builds and would like to know what changes you made.

Congrats on the new best! Running dead on the dial always brings a smile....

Way to go Mike! And your not done yet!

I wanted to post 3 pictures for my fellow mopar guys.
1) Picture of my now personal best prized 10.170 timeslip where I dialed in at 10.17 and ran a perfect 10.170 ET for the win.
2) Picture of my car launching off the transbrake
3) Picture of my new T-Shirts my brother Pat had made up for the races. He made me up 10 shirts so me and the fellas who go with me to the races will all have the same shirts.

View attachment 546250 View attachment 546251 View attachment 546252
Mike I'd wear that shirt !! Hint Hint, Christmas is just around the corner :lol:

Good job on dialing the car in. I've been following your progress for a couple of years now and it been very impressive. Congratulations on the win too.
Edit: where did you get the shirts done?
My brother had them made up by a fella in Indiana. They were $22 each, 10 shirts at a time, plus UPS frt.
They are top quality, heavy knit t-shirts and the graphic printing is excellent. They are similar to the $40 T-shirts sold at the NASCAR tracks with you favorite NASCAR driver on the shirt.
I will get his phone number and post it on PM's

Sweet !!

9.90's here we come

Great job. Keep tuning, 9s on the way....

Thats awesome Mike !!! I got mad because my computer runs so slow on this site as thats why I have not been here much but I would love to here what you have done to work her from 10.60's to 10.17 ? I wish I had the money along with the time and health to really get after my car some more. A big congrats to you on a job well done in that awesome running Mopar. Ron

Thats awesome Mike !!! I got mad because my computer runs so slow on this site as thats why I have not been here much but I would love to here what you have done to work her from 10.60's to 10.17 ? I wish I had the money along with the time and health to really get after my car some more. A big congrats to you on a job well done in that awesome running Mopar. Ron
Ported the EZ heads to about 330cfm and brought them out to MAX WEDGE size, new INDY max wedge single plane intake, 1" spacer...those changes took it down 3/10th of a second to 10.30 then I installed new 29" tall HOOSIER stiff sidewall slicks (from my 28" tall MT STREETS) AND a.new A&A tranny with transbrake. Installed a 3 step Rev limiter to my msd 6al box. ... 5000 chip for the water box, 6800 chip (so I won't over Rev it) and 4000 launch chip for my transbrake button... when I pop that button it GOES !!!. I THINK all those upgrades would have taken me to around 10.25... then to go 10.17 to 10.19 @131+mph, I had good adjusted altitude in the range of 1000 to 1250 feet for the last 2 races in November (air is normally around 2500 to 3000 feet in the summer when it is 100 degrees). Went to the SEMI ROUND (last 4 cars) at both races. Broke out in one semi final, went 10.248 on my 10.250 dial (it was index racing so I had to put 80lbs in the car and slow it to 10.25) and in the other race in the semi final I red lit by .002.....but still went 10.174. I had 1 round where I went 10.170 ony 10.17 dial. Ran between 10.170 and 10.195 all day ( for 5 rounds).

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Mike. Its amazing sometimes what changes will do when they are changes that the car likes. Nice going. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back