• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1320 Air strip attack video of my 68 charger.

I just saw your video this morning, nice car bet it's a fun one.

Nice car! Can you give us any setup information? I'm sure I will never build anything in your league, but I keep thinking about doing a Procharger blow-through since they fit under the hood.

Great video and sweet ride!

Also, thanks to the cameraman for picking up the catching the black tights and the starting line!:thumbsup:

Nice car! Can you give us any setup information? I'm sure I will never build anything in your league, but I keep thinking about doing a Procharger blow-through since they fit under the hood.

What would you like to know? I would be more than happy to share information with you on the system.
Thanks,Joe

Love the car, great informative video too...

stock up on them Kevlar belts keep a couple
for your power steering {?} & Pro-charger with you...
Cheap insurance when you drive her...

again, Love the fast/cool 68 Charger

What would you like to know? I would be more than happy to share information with you on the system.
Thanks,Joe

pistons?
rods?
crank?
block mods?
cam specs?
carb or efi?
If carb, what mods?
Anything else "unusual" you had to do to set it up for a procharger?

Thanks

pistons?
rods?
crank?
block mods?
cam specs?
carb or efi?
If carb, what mods?
Anything else "unusual" you had to do to set it up for a procharger?

Thanks

The engine is a 496 stroker. I had a 493 stroker RB kit in the car from 440 source. Then decided I was going to do a Hemi conversion with my 440 block but its hard to get those heads from Stage V. So having the custom Diamond pistons already. I bought a World aluminum Block and had it bored to 4.360 to work with the pistons I already had. No mods necessary to the world block other than machining, its ready for big power out of the crate.
9.1 Diamond Pistons
440 source I-beam rods.
4.150 440 source crankshaft.
The cam was a Superchargerstore special cam for the Hemi conversion. Bob and Terry have a low deck hemi they built with those heads.
I'll add a pic of the cam card.
I run fuel injection.I prefer that.You can run a blow through carb.The Supercharger Store sells a complete Kit or you can piece it together.
Its expensive to get the kit.So most buy pieces at a time. The blow through carbs usually cost about 1200.00 Now FITECH makes a self learning blow through EFI for about the same price. Even though You can but the injection for 1200.00 you still need a strong fuel system
to run it with the supercharger and that's usually another 700.00 depending on the horsepower your try to do do.
You don't really need to run an intercooler with a blow through carb set up as long as you run water/methanol but I would.With fuel injection its almost a must,do to the heat from the supercharger head unit.The Intake Air Sensor will throw a code as it starts to get hot and you'll have problem with tuning.
Let me know if you have any other question.
Thanks,Joe
DSC01982.JPG

I missed this thread before. Loved seeing that video! Did you ever get and try that other belt you looked at in the video?

I missed this thread before. Loved seeing that video! Did you ever get and try that other belt you looked at in the video?
Hey Mike, Gates sent me two belts but I haven't had a chance to try them yet.
I am doing an autocross this weekend and I am planning on getting the belt put on before then.

Car looks great Joe, love to see you thrashing on it and putting it through it's paces. If only you could get some traction! Lol

Very impressive machine Joe! I am leaving Alaska soon, moving to Denver and bringing my 69 Coronet with me! I am really looking forward to getting to know some of the fellow FBBO members down there and enjoying events. Take care and keep us up to date with your antics in that gorgeous Charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back