• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

134a adapter

74gtx

Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi all. Has anybody used the adapter to 134a with success? I can not get the freon to go into the system with it. The first one worked but leaked. The next two won't let anything in. Thanks. Mike

Hi all. Has anybody used the adapter to 134a with success? I can not get the freon to go into the system with it. The first one worked but leaked. The next two won't let anything in. Thanks. Mike
What style adapter are you using, a picture would help. Some of the adapters I've used at the shop contain their own shrader so you have to remove the original one from the r12 fitting.

Sorry I don't have a picture right now. I did remove the valve from the r12 fitting, The new one has the scrader valve in it. I think the name of it is autocraft? It is from advance auto parts. Thanks, Mike

1. What do you mean "the first one leaked"? The can itself when putting it in OR it all leaked back out of the system after you charged it?

2. If it's not coming out of the can, then the schraeder valve isn't activating OR the system is already full (pressure in system equal to or greater than what's in the can). I'd guess the schraeder valve.

Are you sure you're putting the 134a in on the low pressure side?

Thanks for the replies. The system was empty when I bought the car. I re charged it and the fitting leaked around the threads and out of the valve. I replaced the fitting and re filled the system only to have the valve leak it all out again. I have replaced the fitting twice since and can not get anything to go into the system. It is located on the right side of the compressor looking from the front of the car. I was told to leave the old shrader valve in the r12 fitting but there was not one in it when I bought the car. I have since removed the one I installed and still can't get anything in. Im kinda at a loss. Thanks again. Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back