• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 14x6jj wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaz4200

Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
Looking for some 14x6JJ steel wheels. I believe post 68 are the correct ones.. Non rallye... original number is 3580060. I believe this is how they look... thanks.

57.jpg

They are very common, no? Aren't they easy to find in any junkyard?

Francois

Those look like the wheels on my 70 Satty. I'm changing over to 15's and will want to sell them. I'll check tomorrow when I work on my brakes.

Common? Doesn't look like it... there's ones that are kind of similar but have some small differences.... I've seen 2 different styles... the one I pictured is the EXACT one I want.

Those look like the wheels on my 70 Satty. I'm changing over to 15's and will want to sell them. I'll check tomorrow when I work on my brakes.
This is what was stamped on my wheels. Not sure what the original application was. Anyone? First pic is wheel on my car.
IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4499.JPG

I was shaking my head trying to clear out the cobwebs- I thought 5.5" was the norm on 14's also; 15's might have been the same, not sure. Width of wheel is usually dictated by tire size available back then.

For my 74 the tire was a G70-14. Broadcast calls for a 14x6. 14x5.5 looks to have been the typical wheel for most applications but unfortunately not for my car

For my 74 the tire was a G70-14. Broadcast calls for a 14x6. 14x5.5 looks to have been the typical wheel for most applications but unfortunately not for my car
You could be right in later yrs., also maybe a s/wagon was a tad wider?

14X5.5 on my 68. FJRR it looks like someone drilled the mounting holes on that rim!

SO focus on what you are after, IF a post 68 14 x 6, fine then 5.5" offerings need not reply. IF the pn is the whole issue, figure out correct #. It may be that the given number is bogus, however if you want a 72-74 pn, then the 3621954 may be better to chase, for B applications.

SO focus on what you are after, IF a post 68 14 x 6, fine then 5.5" offerings need not reply.
I try to focus on exactly what I'm looking for... Problem is it always turns into a 14x5.5 free for all. A lot of people don't know enough about the wheels to know what I'm looking for... so I don't start arguments. I just wait until I find someone who has what I need.

IFthe pn is the whole issue, figure out correct #. It may be that the given number is bogus,

3580060 isn't bogus... just I haven't seen it listed anywhere... I have my hands on 1 wheel currently. Stamped M34 5 13 penstar and 3580060. I assume that is MAY 13 1974.

I'd like to find that exact number if possible but if the 3621954 is the same then I'd also consider it as well.

Thanks.

Sorry about that. Got confused on the code, just looked it up again. The ones I thought were JJ were actually K or JK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back