• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 dodge coronet trunk weather stripping install

Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
Can you take a look at the pic of the weather stripping for my 65 coronet tell me which side is glued down to the trunk. I hear a lot of people get this wrong and since I didn't remove the old stripping I'm at a loss as to which side goes where or whether I have the wrong stripping to begin with? Help!!!

355432-4c27da8bf2aee77b3bdd009d59433404.jpg

Pure guess work on my part but glue on index finger side and "longer" top part to the right of thumb to outside of trunklid. Looks real close to my original '68 trunk seal.

The trunk weatherstrip shown above does not appear to be the correct style for the 63 to 72 model Chrysler products. It may just be the picture, but one side should be completely flat which would glue to the lip of the rain gutter. The "Y" side would lay so that the opening would be to the quarter panel and would compress as the trunk lid is closed.

Auto Transport Service
Back