• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Imperial torsion bars

RVW

Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a set of torsion bars for a 65 Imperial part number 2275508 and 508.

Do you want them for use on an Altered wheelbase car?

Do you want them for use on an Altered wheelbase car?
Yes I am building a AWB car. Also would like some pictures of how they made the original engine mounts.

I have a spare set of 510 and 511 bars (1.00" diameter) that have the hex ends machined down to B-body sockets. They are heavy, so shipping may be pricey.

I have a spare set of 510 and 511 bars (1.00" diameter) that have the hex ends machined down to B-body sockets. They are heavy, so shipping may be pricey.
When you had the ends re sized did that affect the heat treat of the ends? How much was taken off the ends?

Took them to a machine shop. They machined them on a mill using an indexing fixture and a special cutter. I gave them a b-body torsion bar and rear anchor for sizing. No excess heat involved.

Took them to a machine shop. They machined them on a mill using an indexing fixture and a special cutter. I gave them a b-body torsion bar and rear anchor for sizing. No excess heat involved.
do you know how much they had to take off each of the faces? was it like .005 or .250? I think the t bars are case hardened and wonder if they machined through the case hardness making the hex ends soft.

You can order new bars from Feel Firm, and not worry about machining and hardness. They can make you any length, diameter, and hex end size that you want.

Auto Transport Service
Back