• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coronet Hemi cloneWhat

Xram

Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG
i have a 66 base Coronet with a Hemi 4 speed. This car is a clone but the whole drivetrain is from the same 66 Satellite that was removed in 1967 and put in storage. The car has a repainted done about 15 years ago. I've replaced the padded dash and the door panels. I'm wanting to sell or trade the car.

I'll trade ya for a box of Girl-Scout cookies, or 10 bucks.

I guess I've done something wrong. Sorry about that. I thought I could post this for sale ad but I should have posted it in the for sale section. I really wanted to know what it was worth.

Well, you know...whatever someone is willing to pay. Maybe do a search and see what other '66 Hemi Coronets are going for in similar condition, then maybe deduct some since it's not an original Hemi car. The fun factor is definitely there - a Hemi and a 4-speed. It's a beautiful car - love the color. Do you know what happened to the Satellite? Was it wrecked? Just curious.

The way I would figure is what is the drivetrain is worth. Then what a what's the body worth. Add some extra for it being ready to drive. What 64BEL said is that what someone is willing to pay.

Fran Blacker is Very accurate. 20k for a complete running drivetrain,7k-10k for a pristine body? More to the right person. I would say 60% of a real one as it sits in any event?

Actually the whole drivetrain from the Satellite was put into a 66 Charger that was wrecked in 67. I helped do the change. The owner was a good friend. When the car was wrecked the drivetrain was taken out and put in dry storage. I bought the whole thing in 2004. The Satellite received the 383 out of the Charger. Not sure what happened to the car.

The Coronet is a Beautiful car and color in any event!
Lucky guy!

if I were looking for this exact car ,color, sedan ,etc.
. I would offer 25k.
if im too low. ok no hard feelings. I move on.

A good hemi is 20K. Good paint starts at 10. Clean car body 5-10, trim, interior, trans, suspension, etc..........Easy to spend 60K building a nice hemi-car. That's a beauty.

I purchased a gorgeous 67 Coronet Hemi 4 speed Clone 2 years ago.
An owner of a Dodge dealership had it built.
Had $62000 in receipts for the restoration.
Car was black and I've never seen a straighter car.
I paid $30000 for.
It had 472 Hemi and I sold it last year.
I struggled to get my $30000 back.
I tell people all the time, "It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it."
Now I have a gorgeous 67 Coronet that I hope to get $18000 for on eBay this weekend???

If I had a perfect hemi-clone, and struggled to get 30K...I'd have parted it for more.

Auto Transport Service
Back