• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Birthday Stripes Back On!

gibber

Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
My 67 Charger had the Birthday Stripe package back in the day, and finally got them reapplied today. Beaver Graphics in Phoenix did an excellent job!!

Mark

Buzz Bday Stripes (Medium).jpg

Looks great! I love stripes!

I can't say I've actually seen those before! Very cool! Do you know the broadcast sheet or fender tag indicator for these, or were these a dealer-installed option back in the day?

Two stripes were available with the Birthday Special package. The (3 pc) full length mid stripe seen here on Mark's beautiful Copper Charger posted above, or a single stripe located just above the rocker trim. A Vinyl Top and Special Wheel Covers were also available as part of this extremely rare package.

birthdaypkg.jpg

Wow! Very nice. Learning new stuff every day!

That looks really slick, I never heard of that package. Reminds me of the trim on my Coronet 500.

That is very cool I never knew about this nor have never seen this package,thanks for the info it payed to wake up today

Interesting.....

I know the stripe in the ad was never actually released for the Coronet. I hadn't heard anything about the Charger.

Any info on the sales code?
Package components?
Price?
Availability time frame? Early? Late in the model year?
Part numbers for stripes?

don't recall seeing those before. look great on a beautiful Charger!

67 Charger Birthday Package

Here is my car at Spring Fling a couple of weeks ago in Van Nuys, CA. Added the correct wheel covers (they are the same as for a 73 Satellite, just different part numbers). Won 1st place in 66-67 B Body Stock. Drove it 375 miles each way, no problems!

BDay Wheels.JPG

Again, someone want to bring the rest of us up to speed on this "Birthday Package"?

Availability?
Cost?
Package code?
Stripe code?
Stripe colors?
Exclusions/limitations?
Factory documents advertising availability?
Any documents?

This is what I found at Winged Warriors:

Several special marketing campaigns were made available throughout the year to keep consumers interested in the Charger. On January 1, 1967, an optional "Birthday Outfit" was offered. This included a vinyl top, lower side stripes and special wheel covers. In mid-year, the "White Hat Special" was announced. The "White Hat Special A" package included a black or white vinyl top, white sidewall tires, deep dish wheel covers, power steering and a console or center cushion and was priced at $133.30. The "White Hat Special Package B" included all of the items in Package A except for the vinyl top. It was priced at $88.15.

As for the birthday package, from what I understand it was a dealer installed option and din't show up on the broadcast sheet nor the fender tag. I got the stripe dimensions and location from Jim Rodebaugh in OK. The stripes were on my car when he owned it back in the mid 80's. That's all I know...

Mark

Thanks.

So it wasn't a factory option but a dealer dress up.
Which dealers/area/region?

Here's the Complete image (with tech info at bottom) that I had posted above earlier.

Charger looks great Mark, any other shots?

birthdaypkg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back