• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Console Clock parts

alextucker

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, do any of you know where I could buy parts for the internal workings of my 67 EL Console clock? I have a guy here in Ireland but he just can't find parts anywhere.

I guess finding spares will be difficult. The question is what do you need? The clock is not complicated, usually just a matter of a little lubrication and cleaning up of the contact points.

BTW, the 66 clock is EL, the 67 clock is bulb I've been told...I have a 66 clock in my 67...

I guess finding spares will be difficult. The question is what do you need? The clock is not complicated, usually just a matter of a little lubrication and cleaning up of the contact points.

BTW, the 66 clock is EL, the 67 clock is bulb I've been told...I have a 66 clock in my 67...

Thanks for that, yeah I have it with a good clock guy now so hopefully he can figure it out, I think he's just nervous about parts but once the points work as you say it should just be lube etc. He's opening it up on Monday to see what he can do.

The guy that did the original work on the car I reckon put in a 66 clock to match the radio and dash as I can't find any info saying the 67 got the EL version.

Put in a two amp quick blow fuse for the clock circuit! This will save your rewind coil, especially if you park the car for storage and forget to disconnect the battery!

There is only one company I know of that can convert that EL clock to quartz movement if you are interested. JC Auto here in the states. I know of several people who have had auto clock repair guys put in a quartz movement and kill the EL. The plastic components most clock repair guys use for conversion will not work with our EL clocks as there has to be a ground for the face and hands to light up. JC Auto uses a metal conversion kit. Hopefully whoever works on yours will leave the hands and face connections alone if you are just having the clock cleaned and the points redone. Good luck...

Mark

Got the clock back from Clockworks (gave up on local guys messing around) and eventually I installed it, superb job, keeps perfect time now, highly recommended service from Jerry. (oh and its an EL mechanical clock btw)

clock.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back