• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 coronet restomod/pro touring build

Well aren't you kind....there's so much I want to do but just don't have the funds. Kills me.
I can relate, I was lucky I guess to have most of my stuff paid for before my lay off,except the most expensive things lol. thank god for the side work! Pretty proud that I still haven’t resorted to collecting unemployment.

I can relate, I was lucky I guess to have most of my stuff paid for before my lay off,except the most expensive things lol. thank god for the side work! Pretty proud that I still haven’t resorted to collecting unemployment.
You should be. Good on ya.

You know I can fully relate to this. My industry has virtually halted. Work is slow. But like you apparently I had purchased many parts. I am still working through the boxes!

You know I can fully relate to this. My industry has virtually halted. Work is slow. But like you apparently I had purchased many parts. I am still working through the boxes!
Yup still working my way through boxes also, got 2 shelves full

I have stuff to do, and parts to hang, but, still not done with metal work! Those factory designers and clay model men and jig and stamp builders must have to do a bunch of meetings before they can actually make anything. It's taking me forever to get the back end of this car done. Burning too many brain cells...

Finally went and picked up the fitech 1200

View attachment 522206
Have you chosen a pump yet? I was looking at the differences in the fitechs last night and that is the Cadillac...but they didn't offer it as a master kit...The Hy- fuel, Stealth and others only seem to provide 340lph which I thought were only rated for 750 ( I won't be anywhere near that, but who knows what the future holds, lol!)
The 600 PAs have more features than the 800 which I don't understand...

Congrats on the job too! I'm sure that makes momma happy too!

Have you chosen a pump yet? I was looking at the differences in the fitechs last night and that is the Cadillac...but they didn't offer it as a master kit...The Hy- fuel, Stealth and others only seem to provide 340lph which I thought were only rated for 750 ( I won't be anywhere near that, but who knows what the future holds, lol!)

aeromotive a-1000, it will feed 1300 hp on a fuel injected motor. Will need to run an additional regulator with that pump though.

Fitech recommends using the a-1000 pump, with the 1200 TBI.

Momma is very happy to say the least, she probaly just wants me out of the house lol

I wonder if that is only to get the 1200 capability or of you could run one ofbthe others and get away with it?

I wonder if that is only to get the 1200 capability or of you could run one ofbthe others and get away with it?
No you can run a smaller pump, I talked to Holley about their 12-890 billet fuel pump and they said it would work fine, I think that pump was good for like 800hp. The 1200 tbi is good from 200hp-1200hp

No you can run a smaller pump, I talked to Holley about their 12-890 billet fuel pump and they said it would work fine, I think that pump was good for like 800hp. The 1200 tbi is good from 200hp-1200hp
I've been back and forth on mine...one day I want to put a tank in w/ an aftermarket in tank pump, others I say I'm going to run my cell... one day I like the MeanStreet then I look at the 1200 or the 6 PA...

Last edited:
I've been back and forth on mine...one day I want to put a tank in w/ an aftermarket intake pump, others U say I'm going to run my cell... one day I like the MeanStreet then I look at the 1200 or the 6 PA...

Ya i hear that, my build has changed so much since the beginning plans, I think the only thing that hasn’t changed is the choice of disc brakes lol

Lol! Luckily mine already has the Wilwood Dynas on all 4, but I am tossing around the idea of changing the MC...its stock now but I have a Strange MC , but I hate working on brake systems. These are tight and feel great, I hate to mess with it to tell you the truth. It seems like you never are satisfied once you open the system up...
Went ahead and went w/ a roller cam... hopefully I did the right thing...:)

Lol! Luckily mine already has the Wilwood Dynas on all 4, but I am tossing around the idea of changing the MC...its stock now but I have a Strange MC , but I hate working on brake systems. These are tight and feel great, I hate to mess with it to tell you the truth. It seems like you never are satisfied once you open the system up...
Went ahead and went w/ a roller cam... hopefully I did the right thing...:)
I think you made the right cam choice, what’s the specs?

Auto Transport Service
Back