• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Plymouth Satellite 3rd Gen Swap

Jeremy Barnes

Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 2012 5.7 and transmission out of a cop car that we pulled. So everything is there accept computers. Plan on running the EFI. It is going in a 1967 Plymouth Satellite A/T. The car has recently had a magnum force tubular front end. Manual Quick Ratio Rack and Pinion. So my questions are where is the best place to start. Do I use factory harness still on motor? Which PCM is the most price effective? Does Transmission need a computer as well? Pretty sure it does but wasn't sure. What is best shifter options. Transmission out of cop car was a column shift.. I guess we will start here. hahaha
Thank You for your help in advance.

I am sure others with more knowledge will chime in but the same computer will run the engine and the 545 transmission. I think only the 03 truck had a separate computer for the transmission. I hear the 05 computer is a good choice. Column shift works good just use a cable to adapt to the floor shifter. That's about all I can tell you lol.

Get a harness from hotwireauto.com, talk to Chris, good guy and he can set you up with what you'll need.

How is the progress going with your car if my 67 Belvedere doesn't sell I'm going to start building It up

Auto Transport Service
Back