• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet 500 Project

Gosh I can't get use to the car being so low to the ground. It has been on jack stands for the last 6 months. It is so short now.....

Gosh I can't get use to the car being so low to the ground. It has been on jack stands for the last 6 months. It is so short now.....

That is better...

DSC_0058.jpg

Ok time to get the underside wrapped up. Stared at the EFI fuel line options for several hours yesterday and today. I know what I want to do, another order going into Summit for the parts. Figured it would cost me $100 of wasted cash buying various parts before I got a design I liked. If anyone want a Tanks Inc Filter/Regulator (Corvette LS style) I have one I will sell at a discount. Also have the Accurate Exhaust dual exhaust all mocked up. Fits like a glove. It is cold, windy and rainy out. Ran out energy for the weekend. Also found out me stock air cleaner is too tall to fit under the hood... big disappointment.

DSC_0060.jpg
DSC_0061.jpg
DSC_0062.jpg
DSC_0063.jpg
DSC_0059.jpg

The Safety Cone just got some ATTITUDE! The stripes where just not doing it for me with the skinny tires and hub caps... now the stripes work!

DSC_0064.jpg
DSC_0065.jpg
DSC_0066.jpg
DSC_0067.jpg
DSC_0068.jpg
DSC_0069.jpg
DSC_0070.jpg
DSC_0071.jpg

X2. Btw those magnums really look nice. Good choice.
:thumbsup:

No matter how many modern rims I look at when I see a pre-70 car with Magnums it just works it is just a classic design that will never go out of style.

Looks nice! What width rims and what size tires?

Looks nice! What width rims and what size tires?

Rear
245/60R15 8" rim 4.5" backspace
Front
215/65R15. 7" rim 4.25" backspace

Can go wider but I thought this was wide enough (though the wife looked at and said "They could have been wider...")

Got the Tanks Inc stuff ready to install. Lesson learned by others here is take the advice of the instructions and use Permatex Aircraft Sealer on the gaskets. They look like they would not leak but several here are proof they will. Also got the tanks straps painted and the original tank pad out.

View attachment 393341 View attachment 393342 View attachment 393343 View attachment 393344

Although it is too late for your build (for anyone reading this), Bouchillon Performance makes an intake fuel pump that is in the original style of the fuel tank. Their system uses the original tank and the sending unit is replaced with the fuel pump and wiring. Theirs is ultimately designed for a Gen III Hemi swap but they should work with any fuel injection system.

Although it is too late for your build (for anyone reading this), Bouchillon Performance makes an intake fuel pump that is in the original style of the fuel tank. Their system uses the original tank and the sending unit is replaced with the fuel pump and wiring. Theirs is ultimately designed for a Gen III Hemi swap but they should work with any fuel injection system.

That is good to know if this set up pisses me off before I am done :)

Looks stunning Jim! How long until that piece of art is rolling down the road?

Stretch goal is to drive it down the road before the 1 year anniversary when I brought it home, April 3rd. There is a Cars For Kids show on April 1st so I would love to make that. Realistically.... Probably May.

Auto Transport Service
Back