• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet 500 Project

So Bill will wire you the money and you can store it in your garage until we build enough courage to disclose it to our wives.....

This car reminds me of my first car. It was not a convertible, but a 69 Coronet. Color is similar. It's priced right if it's solid.

'Third' tail lamp was a Coronet 500 and certain R/T kind of thing. I like it. Glad it's not closer to me.

Day off today and the seat won't be ready till 4pm..... Like a kid on Christmas morning.... I want to drive this thing it is getting nice out the Monsoons are drying up!

Bill, are you going to the show at the Caterpillar Proving Grounds in Green Valley tomorrow? $25 entry fee for day of entries but for a good cause.

Of course. Gotta stay with the Southwestern motif

when are the longhorns going on the front? lol

1948_Chrysler_Town__Co4C8.jpg

Hopefully my correct hinge arrives today. I've got help lined up for tomorrow to swap the hinges. I might go by the show later as a spectator.

Spent the first half of the day polishing and cleaning for the show at the Caterpillar Proving Grounds in Green Valley tomorrow..
DSC_0086.jpg
DSC_0087.jpg

Yes Virginia even the clock works!

DSC_0088.jpg
DSC_0090.jpg
DSC_0091.jpg
DSC_0092.jpg

She is all shined up with no place to sit!

DSC_0089.jpg

Baca had to order the vinyl for the seats. They won't be done till tomorrow at noon. The show is over by then :(

Time to wrap her up for freshness till the next show...:popcorn:

DSC_0093.jpg

Last edited:
Spent the first half of the day polishing and cleaning for the show at the Caterpillar Proving Grounds in Green Valley tomorrow.. View attachment 502744View attachment 502745View attachment 502746 View attachment 502748 View attachment 502749 View attachment 502750

She is all shined up with no place to sit!

View attachment 502747

Baca had to order the vinyl for the seats. They won't be done till tomorrow at noon. The show is over by then :(

Time to wrap her up for freshness till the next show...:popcorn:

View attachment 502751
Damn that car is so freaking SWEET! Have fun Jim!

Damn that car is so freaking SWEET! Have fun Jim!

Thanks, I know early on most mocked me for putting this much time/effort/money into a small block B-Body but to be honest it has come out so nice I have had literally no-one even mention the lack of a big-block at any of the shows I have taken it to. I really wanted to preserve a 500 but make it something fun yet keeps its mechanical authenticity and lastly completely reversible. A paint job and it is 100% back to the way it came out of the factory in 1968. The starting point was in such good shape and got a great deal on it I believe I have about $25k in it including the cost of the car. A bit more than it is likely worth but someone may be silly enough to give that much for it, it does have curb appeal for sure. Just in case the wife is lurking yes it was her choice to paint it safety cone orange and black and she was right. It just works on this car.

Last edited:
Thanks, I know early on most mocked me for putting this much time/effort/money into a small block B-Body but to be honest it has come out so nice I have had literally no-one even mention the lack of a big-block at any of the shows I have taken it to. I really wanted to preserve a 500 but make it something fun yet keeps its mechanical authenticity and lastly completely reversible. A paint job and it is 100% back to the way it came out of the factory in 1968. The starting point was in such good shape and got a great deal on it I believe I have about $25k in it including the cost of the car. A bit more than it is likely worth but someone may be silly enough to give that much for it, it does have curb appeal for sure. Just in case the wife is lurking yes it was her choice to paint it safety cone orange and black and she was right. It just works on this car.
Shame on those mockers....I like the fact it has a small block...and being a 500 with the letters/numbers on the quarters:thumbsup:

She was right...The color combo is perfect...

Auto Transport Service
Back