• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet 500 Project

On the street that's king. Always marveled at the 13litre diesels to pull 80,000# from a standing start.

Sorry guys there has not been one time in the last 6 months that I have wanted or needed more torque then my 318 currently has....
Sorry guys there has not been one time in the last 6 months that I have wanted or needed more torque then my 318 currently has....

I am believing now that:
In the last 6 months that I have wanted or needed more torque then my 318 currently has....

Jim, how did you do the above post? Lol.

Baby steps. Start with a cam swap, then you will need headers, then ported heads, then once you spend all the money on the 318 you figure it will be easier to drop a 440 in it......then get a bigger cam, headers, maybe stroke it......before you know it it will be a blown hemi :)

Baby steps. Start with a cam swap, then you will need headers, then ported heads, then once you spend all the money on the 318 you figure it will be easier to drop a 440 in it......then get a bigger cam, headers, maybe stroke it......before you know it it will be a blown hemi :)

Already went through that scenario when I rebuilt it. Did put a cam in it but it needed that anyway. Fuel injection was because I did not want to deal with modern fuel injection gas in a carburetor in the hot Arizona summer (like you have been battleing). I was going to heavily modify the 318 but the final analysis was what you say, same money on a 440 is a better window to throw my money out of someday :)

Jim's got a project waiting for him in his back yard in Tucson.

I am kind of the same way Jim. I need my bumpers rechromed and a 6 Pack hood but no rush and it is boring not having the car apart. It is so bad I just cleaned my garage lol. I'll give you a head start on that big block and give you the set of 906 heads and 440 intake I have in my garage. I'm thinking of pitching them.

QUOTE="threewood, post: 910789285, member: 17133"]I am kind of the same way Jim. I need my bumpers rechromed and a 6 Pack hood but no rush and it is boring not having the car apart. It is so bad I just cleaned my garage lol. I'll give you a head start on that big block and give you the set of 906 heads and 440 intake I have in my garage. I'm thinking of pitching them.[/QUOTE]
I'm envious. I can barely find a few hours a month free to work on my car. My limiter is more the free time than the money. I'd like to have boredom as a problem someday.

Auto Transport Service
Back