• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Coronet R/T convertible pricing

It's a clone R/T with a 318 and factory air. By the way what would you value my car at.
If the OP's real R/T 440 (Gateway) car's sheetmetal is good, $60 seems in line.
IMO Your clone 318 all else equal I'd say $28-35. If dropped a 440 in and all else cloned correct, then maybe $45. With a Hemi, then . . . .

I just picked this up a few weeks ago. It's a clone R/T with a 318 and factory air. I am more a GM guy but this caught my eye back in Oct 2016 and I had been working on buying it. Finally a bought it in mid July. I can't stop looking at it! It's such a great color combo. Older restoration but is an awesome driver. Bigger than my 71 Chevelle SS convert(clone also) and my big concern was fitting it in my garage. It definetly needs a big block and better brakes. Will convert to front discs over the winter and maybe a 440 if not to hard or expensive to swap. It looks like it has 11 inch drums up front. I thought they came with 10 inch. I am also looking for a console whether an original or aftermarket. I go to Lake George NY every year for the Adirondack National car show and it's a 3 hour drive so I need some cup holders. Any suggestions? By the way what would you value my car at. It only really needs to be wet sanded to fix some of the imperfections in the paint. I agree with you on the prices of these cars. They are really taking off. Of the 1500 made how many can possibly have survived. I bet less than half. It would take quite a bit for me to sell this one. But i do miss my Chevelle, and my 73 Cuda, and my 86 Grand National.....

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/detroit/1969/dodge/coronet-S933.html

View attachment 500355 View attachment 500356 View attachment 500357 View attachment 500358[/QUOTE]

It's valued at what you paid for it. You're the one that set the price.

It's a cosmetic "clone".
It's still a 500
It's still a 318
Unless you enjoy being really upside down on cars, stop the madness now and just drive it and enjoy it for what it is.

There were ~483 total 1969 R/T verts made. I've been looking for info on them for about 15 years. I've found VINs for about 80. Most of those no longer exist. The survival rate and number of cars still on the road is pretty small.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with some on here about pricing-you may not like what I have to say.
Been watching the market for the last couple years and older musclecar sales have steadily dropped like a rock since 2015.
Not just Mopars- all makes.
Certain cars out there will always hold a certain value is probably true.
The market is very stagnant right now, because very few people are buying them.
This car at Gateway has been listed on Ebay for months now-they can't give it away!
The baby-boomers are the one's that drove up prices on these cars several years back, and now a lot of them are starting to die off, leaving a younger generation that has absolutely zero interest in these cars.
The VP's at Hagerty are worried about what eventually will happen to the cars "our" generation grew up with. They have a video of a meeting they held not too long ago where they talk about this- you guys can look it up.
I'm seeing it all over the country-I see the same cars being listed for sale over and over again and very few if any are actually selling.
But not all is gloom and doom, it's a great time to buy one that someone wants to dump to get out from under it- I think we will start seeing a lot of that in the near future.
I've already seen some real bargains out there and if I were 20 years younger a couple of those would be in my garage already!
Real Estate is what's hot across this country right now- home sales rising and others refinancing- maybe after that is over then older classic car prices may start to tick up- we will see.

I just picked this up a few weeks ago. It's a clone R/T with a 318 and factory air. I am more a GM guy but this caught my eye back in Oct 2016 and I had been working on buying it. Finally a bought it in mid July. I can't stop looking at it! It's such a great color combo. Older restoration but is an awesome driver. Bigger than my 71 Chevelle SS convert(clone also) and my big concern was fitting it in my garage. It definetly needs a big block and better brakes. Will convert to front discs over the winter and maybe a 440 if not to hard or expensive to swap. It looks like it has 11 inch drums up front. I thought they came with 10 inch. I am also looking for a console whether an original or aftermarket. I go to Lake George NY every year for the Adirondack National car show and it's a 3 hour drive so I need some cup holders. Any suggestions? By the way what would you value my car at. It only really needs to be wet sanded to fix some of the imperfections in the paint. I agree with you on the prices of these cars. They are really taking off. Of the 1500 made how many can possibly have survived. I bet less than half. It would take quite a bit for me to sell this one. But i do miss my Chevelle, and my 73 Cuda, and my 86 Grand National.....

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/detroit/1969/dodge/coronet-S933.html

View attachment 500355 View attachment 500356 View attachment 500357 View attachment 500358[/QUOTE]

Thats looks like the car I originally wanted to buy around 1992. Rockys used cars in Denver, CO had a B5 Blue Coronet 500 Convertible with 318 for sale, but it had R/T emblems and dual exhaust to make it look like a R/T. At the time the dealership wanted real R/T money for the car, and I offered them an amount above what Coronet 500's were, but not the R/T asking price, but they would not come down on the price. About a year later I found out they sold the car at auction and got quite a bit less than I originally offered them. Since that time, I had been keeping an eye out for one. I never intended to buy a real R/T as my tastes are not pure restorations, and I planed to modify the car. The cars are fairly hard to find, and what I was finding was either total rust buckets or restored car I could not afford. I had made offers on other Coronet 500 convertibles that needed alot of work, but this was when the prices really started to take off, and $10,000 would not buy me a decent Coronet 500 body (non-running car.) The car I have now, I found on E-Bay, but it was listed weird as it did not show up in a standard search? I was looking for parts for my Hardtop when I ran across the ad (around the year 2000), and the starting asking price was $20,000 with no bids on it. At that time there was a numbers matching R/T, 440 automatic, but not in great shape for $30,000. I talked to the owner of the E-Bay car and found it was non-numbers matching, and he claimed it was rust free (yea right.) I bid the minimum $20,000 and was the only one to bid on the car, so that is what I paid for it (unseen in person.)
Anyhow, that is how I ended up with my Convertible. It started with one like you have :)

Well since you guys are talking about pricing, i always wondered if i did sell my rag 500 would i get close to a coronet rt rag. Both being ground up restored,and 4 speeds. Upside on mine is factory 383 4 speed with air con. Blue with blue and white interior,buckets and console. Has fender tag and matching motor. Have pics on members projects and restorations. Almost finished the restoration.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with some on here about pricing-you may not like what I have to say.
Been watching the market for the last couple years and older musclecar sales have steadily dropped like a rock since 2015.
Not just Mopars- all makes.
Certain cars out there will always hold a certain value is probably true.
I agree, prices have dropped somewhat. But for this 'vert, especially R/T with a 440, if the market was good it'd be $75K, $85K no issues. B/E body 'verts hold value pretty well, most came with 318s and in good driver shape start upper $20s. And restomods/clones with a 440-3x2/Hemi still pull the dough.

A few years back when the market was hot, a really nice fresh fully restored 69 R/T auto sold on E-Bay for $100,000
The problem is the Coronet R/T is not as widely known as other muscle cars. Most of the time when I drive my car people ask what kind of car it is?
Took my '73 Jensen Interceptor to a car show, and most comments were "I have never seen one before."

Unless it's a hemi-anything, or a wing-car, or an A-12 or an authentic R/T. These are mostly holding their value.
Anything else is a buyers market. Trending downward. I say build it how you want it. They're are definite advantages to tribute cars. You can resto mod them a little bit more.
To the gentleman with the beautiful veRT
Tribute. I say drop the 440 in it and enjoy.
That's what I'm doing to my my Coronet.

I agree, prices have dropped somewhat. But for this 'vert, especially R/T with a 440, if the market was good it'd be $75K, $85K no issues. B/E body 'verts hold value pretty well, most came with 318s and in good driver shape start upper $20s. And restomods/clones with a 440-3x2/Hemi still pull the dough.
Yes- if the market was good!
I remember those days but I'm talking about todays market!
Even at 60k Gateway can't sell it for that.
And I think the whole market is trending that way right now-that's what I see.
I'd love to unload my 69 R/T vert promo car 1 of 5 built right now, but I don't think I could even get out what I put into it over the last 10 yrs, let alone make any money on it!
(If anyone interested, PM me ha ha!)

I'd love to unload my 69 R/T vert promo car 1 of 5 built right now, but I don't think I could even get out what I put into it over the last 10 yrs, let alone make any money on it!

That is kind of how I look at it. Even if you take a lower cost car needing work, how much time and money do you want to invest getting the car to a given condition.
My car is an OK 20-footer with all rebuilt mechanicals, but I don't have the space or time to re-do the bodywork, and I don't want to end up getting into bodywork hell. I know several people who took cars to have body work done, and it took years to get done and ended up costing multiple times the original estimate. Not to mention those who had to switch body shops when either nothing got done, or the work sucked so bad everything had to be re-done.

That is kind of how I look at it. Even if you take a lower cost car needing work, how much time and money do you want to invest getting the car to a given condition.
My car is an OK 20-footer with all rebuilt mechanicals, but I don't have the space or time to re-do the bodywork, and I don't want to end up getting into bodywork hell. I know several people who took cars to have body work done, and it took years to get done and ended up costing multiple times the original estimate. Not to mention those who had to switch body shops when either nothing got done, or the work sucked so bad everything had to be re-done.
Been there done that!
It's so much better to buy a done car nowadays- it's not even worth the hassle to me to go through any of that anymore.
When I was young and dumb I went through exactly those kind of things, but I think the older we get, the more we learn from past mistakes or at least I hope most people do!
Good luck with yours and just enjoy it the way it is now and maybe someday you can do the things you want to do it.

Well since you guys are talking about pricing, i always wondered if i did sell my rag 500 would i get close to a coronet rt rag. Both being ground up restored,and 4 speeds. Upside on mine is factory 383 4 speed with air con. Blue with blue and white interior,buckets and console. Has fender tag and matching motor. Have pics on members projects and restorations. Almost finished the restoration.

1. There would be no comparable car for which to compare yours to. Any true R/T four speed would not have A/C but the A/C definitely adds value to yours.

2. No. A real matching numbers four speed R/T would still likely be about 1.5 - 2X as much in comparable condition and set up.

3. You own a very cool car. I've seen only one other 383-4 speed 500 vert. Sweet!

You own one of the cars in the 1072** string don't you?

Two words to describe what is becoming/happening of the R/T ragtop = Priceless Art

Auto Transport Service
Back