• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Charger Restoration

Wow, very ambitious project. That would scare the crap out of me. Looking forward to see the progress. Good luck.
yeah, this is probably the most ambitious I've done yet as far as how far the car will be coming apart. looking forward to updating, thanks!

Good project n looks familiar to some of the work I did,n welcome :canada:

Yes I haven't posted much as not much with pics, basicly I replaced or removed ever panel except the roof n upper seat panel n both front frame rails, n all new amd n nos pieces

That is so great being able to work on this project with your grandpa, enjoy every minute!

Also, great car. I have seen worse on this website that get fixed up so it shouldn't be anything you two cannot handle.

Yes I haven't posted much as not much with pics, basicly I replaced or removed ever panel except the roof n upper seat panel n both front frame rails, n all new amd n nos pieces
wow so certainly no small task you had. Out of curiousity, where did you start to replace first? Our game plan was to focus on the rear rails and such first and work our way from there, where as the front isn't as bad and we can use the front to located the correct positioning for the rear. Just curious how you went about it
thanks

That is so great being able to work on this project with your grandpa, enjoy every minute!

Also, great car. I have seen worse on this website that get fixed up so it shouldn't be anything you two cannot handle.
thank you very much! I figured this car was especially bad originally, but after seeing what condition others have been in, its not that out of the ordinary anymore, and certainly manageable.

Last edited:
Awesome project, check out my build thread and you'll feel a lot better about your car. I noticed you are also in Nova Scotia, not much around here for decent uses parts and the cars we got to restore aren't anymore then parts cars themselves. I'll be watching this one, maybe one day when we're both finished our cars we can go for a cruise together. Keep plugging away at it and before too long you'll start to see the fruits of your labour!

wow all for a 318 car!
i guess being a charger helps a little.
i have done worse then that for a six pack car and i thought i was nuts,,lol

good start, and great to do it with family, good luck.

Chargers are very cool cars. I wish I had some of the skill you and grand dad have to take on a project like that. The car will be one heck of an experience and one of a life time. I assume you're pretty young and grand dad is in the age group of many on this site. There's a ton of experience on fbbo - I'm frankly a bit stunned at the projects some of the guys take on and make into living breathing beauties. Pls document your progress on here and keep us in the loop. I'd love to stay in touch with this thread and see you do the same. I wish you guys all the best in your endeavors.

Awesome project, check out my build thread and you'll feel a lot better about your car. I noticed you are also in Nova Scotia, not much around here for decent uses parts and the cars we got to restore aren't anymore then parts cars themselves. I'll be watching this one, maybe one day when we're both finished our cars we can go for a cruise together. Keep plugging away at it and before too long you'll start to see the fruits of your labour!
Yes good to see someone on here in the same province! I have actually already been checking out your thread, and wow. i could not believe the condition of that car when you started! certainly well worth it were as yours is an R/T.
ya we definitely don't have an abundance of used parts around here, lucky to find one of these cars that are still in one piece, and guaranteed its usually no better than swiss cheese. definitely when the cars are completeled we will have to meet up at a car show or something. ill be keeping an eye on your build for sure!

wow all for a 318 car!
i guess being a charger helps a little.
i have done worse then that for a six pack car and i thought i was nuts,,lol
lol, yes its basically just the style of charger that we were after. not that we wouldn't have certainly preferred a rarer charger or one in better condition, but where I'm from, these cars are like hens teeth, so you can't be as picky as one would like to be.

Chargers are very cool cars. I wish I had some of the skill you and grand dad have to take on a project like that. The car will be one heck of an experience and one of a life time. I assume you're pretty young and grand dad is in the age group of many on this site. There's a ton of experience on fbbo - I'm frankly a bit stunned at the projects some of the guys take on and make into living breathing beauties. Pls document your progress on here and keep us in the loop. I'd love to stay in touch with this thread and see you do the same. I wish you guys all the best in your endeavors.
Thank you very much. lol im not sure what accounts for young and old but I'm 26 and my grandfather obviously much older than that lol. there certainly is a lot of info on this website, absolutely. you can spend hours going through posts and am always amazed as well at how far some push there projects and how great they turn out. hopefully we can add one more to that list, and we will certainly be documenting everything!
Currently just waiting for a few more pieces of sheet metal to land before we really start to operate!

Congrats on snagging up the best looking of all chargers made! (yeah I'm a tad biased) Nice looking body jig. You will not be sorry when you start cutting up the structure!

Congrats on snagging up the best looking of all chargers made! (yeah I'm a tad biased) Nice looking body jig. You will not be sorry when you start cutting up the structure!
Haha thanks, i agree with you but then again, I'm a bit biased as well lol. I would be very nervous tackling this project without a sturdy jig....so i figured it was a worthy investment of time and material! thanks

Wondered if i could get some of enlightenment on a issue here. Now i know that people will swear AMD metal is superior to anything else(goodmark for example). however, that being said, my quarter panels just arrived and they have both AMD and Goodmark part number labels on them? they came in AMD boxes? Would this mean that they are intact all made in taiwan and just stick the appropriate label on them for the company??
DSCF4419.jpg
DSCF4420 (1).jpg
DSCF4421.jpg

Wondered if i could get some of enlightenment on a issue here. Now i know that people will swear AMD metal is superior to anything else(goodmark for example). however, that being said, my quarter panels just arrived and they have both AMD and Goodmark part number labels on them? they came in AMD boxes? Would this mean that they are intact all made in taiwan and just stick the appropriate label on them for the company?? View attachment 394293View attachment 394294 View attachment 394295

Are these direct from AMD? If do, I would guess you are right. For a retailer, it might just be a way to list both numbers for an identical part and just carry one in stock?

Auto Transport Service
Back