• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1969 Grabber Hood RR/GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

csx711

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am listing a original 1969 air Grabber Hood from a GTX the hood has been primered in Black, super shape for almost pushing 50 this is not a replica Hood asking 475 or best offer local pickup I'm here in California near San Francisco also it's a California car part. please PM me for details.

433806-051a0a6fc1d540d832735f0f9e540a17.jpg mms_20170824_191833.jpg

It will fit a 1968 satellite Roadrunner GTX but it's off originally from an 1969 GTX

68 and 69 hoods are the same hood. The difference is the inserts on the hood scoops interchange and the air grabber induction can be purchased. The air grabber was a special option for 69. You also have to purchase the air cleaner.

@tkseymore thanks for the support. The hood came off a 69 GTX I was there when I was a kid plus I still have all the other parts that came off the GTX long time ago when my dad was there and I remember you labeled everything 69 GTX but besides the point being corrected on the website I'm just here selling the hood thank you for all your input so if you're interested buying the hood I appreciate it just leaving those comments on purchasing the hood not correcting me.

Doesn't the presence of this indicate it is a true 69 hood? My understanding is that this was added in 69 for mounting the air grabber. BTW my 68 GTX has this also but I think the hood has been replaced.

upload_2017-12-8_12-45-54.png

any prospects to purchase

68 hoods don't have vent holes for the air grabber, 69 has openings! That hood doesn't have openings therefore it's a 68 hood. Early 68 hoods didn't have the little scoop looking thing on the framework later ones did prob for the production change for the fresh air system. I'd be all ove that hood but I'm on the other side of the planet and shipping would take the fun right out of it.

@pynpwr..475 is a good deal. re pops are made in china.. for 700.. this a america steel hood. 200 probably be the shipping.. still a good deal

dropped price to 400 California pic up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back