• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner..number matching

Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
I bought a 69 Roadrunner, 383, 4 speed, air grabber, coupe when I got out of the army. I still have it. My question is; when I bought the car...the broadcast sheets indicates special wheels and 3.23 rear end. I bought it after I had the dealer put on original steel wheels and a 3.91 sure grip. I have the documentation for the change. So, to be original, can I show the dealer changes or does my car have to have what the broadcast sheet indicates?

Also, I broke the original engine but have a block that is dated about a month before my RR was built. Would that pass as a numbers matching engine? Last question...I have the original transmission but syncros are blown. I have an 18 spline hemi 4 speed that I can put in it......would changing transmission ruin the "original" concept?

g'day from Australia :welcome: no to the numbers matching motor, that ship sailed with the broken motor

69 would be vin stamped as would the transmission so it wouldn't be numbers matching but who cares dude you've owned it for 48 years or so....not gonna sell it im sure?

Not planning on selling it....will probably serve as my casket. Lol. The car is not going anywhere. It is safe and I have most of the original pieces, including; spare tire and rim, radio, alternator, heater, wipers and motor, seats, etc.

Welcome. Nice, need pictures. Thank you for your service Sir, the lottery missed me back in the day.

Oh, original carburetor with red tags, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds. Currently it is a NHRA Car with a 5 point roll bar...easily cut out. Currently with a dana 60 and 4.89 gears,,440 roller engine, trans brake.......might sell it without engine and trans.

Thanks everyone. This nearly 70 you has wonderful memories of super fast street cars in the 60's....this car was one of them...glad I didn't get caught...lol

Welcome to FBBO. Great site and great people. Sorry but as others have mentioned you're short of the numbers matching issue by virtue of your changes. Hopefully you won't need it as a casket for another 48 years......

Thank you all for the comments. Obviously my b body Roadrunner is something special to me. I am sure that others have great memories of their cars.....at my age, I don't want to let go of my memories. However, I told my wife, when I die, sell the car to help her survive...

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

maybe post the questions & take it over in the
General discussion forum
you'll get far more views that way & more opinions too
this is just the welcome wagon, not as many viewers &
not the proper place for all the tech or Q&A stuff

Please don't take this the wrong way;
No it wouldn't be #'s matching with an era correct block,
just date/era correct, #'s matching is all org. parts that came with the car

If you have the documentation of the dealer installed items
from new, I don't see that harming the value much if any

The 18 spline trans is a better/stronger 4 speed trans
in many ways, it wouldn't be a #'s matching deal,
probably wouldn't hurt value much if any...

In my mind some of the changes are for the better,
but with Mopars & some purists there's an extreme analness too
about "Correct & #'s matching", if that's what you are claiming,
when especially, if & when selling, it would be wrong/false...

IF that's what your doing/going for, #'s matching or OE correct,
it sounds like to me...

Anyway Good luck & Happy Moparing

Last edited:
69 would be vin stamped as would the transmission so it wouldn't be numbers matching but who cares dude you've owned it for 48 years or so....not gonna sell it im sure?

Like dieseldazzle stated!
Who cares?
not anyone of us!

Great car!
Great story!
Now send us some pics!
welcome aboard
Thank you for joining the forum!

Auto Transport Service
Back