• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 dodge superbee 6.1 swap

70restob

Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
Can I get some help needing pics of transmission crossmemember for a 6.1 hemi swap
into 70 superbee any and all pic appreciated. Also trying to eliminate linkage and go to
toploader any info helpful and pics much thanks to any help.

Can I get some help needing pics of transmission crossmemember for a 6.1 hemi swap
into 70 superbee any and all pic appreciated. Also trying to eliminate linkage and go to
toploader any info helpful and pics much thanks to any help.
What kind of transmission are you using?

Tremec 6060 with 6 speed. Have a few ideas put togeather any other info would be helpful.

Have you tried contacted http://americanpowertrain.com

I know they make those mounts.

Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 10.24.44 AM.png

Thanks for info on mounts! Still undecided on driveshaft for this car. What are your plans any info pics welcome. Thanks!

Thanks for info on mounts! Still undecided on driveshaft for this car. What are your plans any info pics welcome. Thanks!

The plan is to go with an aluminum driveshaft but I have yet to place the order as my transmission warranty starts at that point.
Thanks

We are in the middle of fabricating our own transmission support for the b and turning out really well. We were concerned about the transmission being to low will have few more pics as we progress.

IMG_1215.PNG

Talked to a few people and have seen some posts in the past concerning the correct degree of tailshaft and correct degree of pinion. This car is equipped with ride rech suspension and we can adjust the pinion up or down no problem. My question to everybody is the correct number of degrees? If i have 2 degrees on the tailshaft and 2 degrees on the pinion i feel im good. Have read some posts and saw 3 degrees was a popular number and agree if your 3&3 your good how bout 2&2? As long as both are the same?

IMG_0757.JPG

Thanks to usa roadrunner way back issue with dumping linkage and finding the right top loader with some modification resolved!

IMG_0978.JPG

I bought the wheels at mopar nationals from year one.They are 17x9 and they are a knock off of the original rally wheel dodge put on in 70. That pic not showing the center cap just havent put them on yet.

I bought the wheels at mopar nationals from year one.They are 17x9 and they are a knock off of the original rally wheel dodge put on in 70. That pic not showing the center cap just havent put them on yet.

I love the way they look! I think those are going on my "want to buy" list. Thank you for the info.

Here is what we came up with on the tr 6060 not quite complete but looking really good.

IMG_1216.JPG

Here is a pretty good pic looking straight up from the bottom. We have 3 degrees on the tailshaft and looking good.

IMG_1221.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back