• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner Build

It's alive, No way it was running when parked with the distributor out 180, but went back through everything spun it without plugs let it sit all day (was flooded of course), put new plugs in turned and bam (fire in carb). Backed away, moved timing back a touch and back to life she roared, last tag was in 88. Aside from noisy valves sounds good.
Actually the noisy valves is an exhaust leak past the manifolds, seems super tight. Thanks for the nudge on checking the distributor again. I did all that on the old distributor but got no results.

Last edited:
Pulling the cluster out to try and get it operational again, Speedo worked when I tested the tranny. Voltage gauge worked, that was about all I noticed moving.

How common is a clock delete, kinda neat but would have preferred a tic toc tach!

IMG_3700.JPG IMG_3699.JPG

Pulling the cluster out to try and get it operational again, Speedo worked when I tested the tranny. Voltage gauge worked, that was about all I noticed moving.

How common is a clock delete, kinda neat but would have preferred a tic toc tach!

View attachment 392164 View attachment 392165

Great to see it running. I'm not sure about the clock delete but I would say the tach/clock is somewhat less common. As for your gauges, there is an instrument panel voltage regulator that works the fuel and coolant. Check your grounds real good. Cluster needs to be grounded on the dash frame, frame to chassis, etc. This is a common issue for about every 60's era Mopar.

My 70 had the same cluster...I agree with threewood, the tick tock tach seems to be more rare...

Interesting on the clock, I did not think it was special to not have it just odd.

May not make the purist happy but I want to try something different on this one. New wheels arriving two at a time. About to place brake orders and metal order.

IMG_3709.JPG IMG_3708.JPG

Got the radiator re-cored today thanks to some input from you guys on here.
Ordered brake lines fuel lines, wheel cylinders etc today. Ordered the metal yesterday from Jeff.

And to top it off, I shared the video of it running with the original owner and he said glad you got it running, I had lost your number, I found the original title (he got a replacement title to sell to me since he was the owner) last week so swing by over the weekend and pick it up! I am a document nerd so this is huge to me. I have asked him if he is willing to part with pictures of it during his ownership I would love to have them.

Been a good week on this old girl.

IMG_3736.JPG IMG_3712.JPG IMG_3718.JPG

Not sure about the black wheels, however, love what you're doing to the car!

Not sure about the black wheels, however, love what you're doing to the car!

Thanks and I know they may not be what everyone likes. I wanted Black 15 OEM wheels anyway but saw these on a Challenger and wanted to try them. Wife said they looked sexy so I feel like I won one over!

Like a Kid I am putting parts on as soon as they come in, even though parts are missing still.

IMG_3756.JPG IMG_3758.JPG

Quick question. Would you run this pulley? IMG_3763.JPG IMG_3764.JPG

Last edited:
It's actually not bent, the low spot is a rust spot that was cleaned up.

Ran the engine up to temp today, dash temp gauge does not work so will be pulling the cluster out, car is charging with the new alternator and no leaks so far, nor funky noises. Will still need to fine tune carb and timing. Back wheels came in today as well so now it is not sitting on flats(neither is the 69 it got the only good two tires off this one).

IMG_3768.JPG IMG_3767.JPG IMG_3771.JPG IMG_3774.JPG IMG_3782.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back