• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner

67Dart440GT

Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to FBBO but I am over on FABO. I am currently working on a 67 Dart GT. I have had several A bodies and one B body in the past. I currently have the opportunity to purchase a 70 Roadrunner. I am wondering if there are any trouble spots to look for? Any tips for B bodies? Any help would be great. Car is supposed to be a 383 4 spd but now is 440 4spd. Thanks!

back window area leaks, rotting out the window channel, then it rots the trunk out, and wheelhouses. If it was a salt road car, then everywhere.

Thanks, is there anything on a 70 Runner that is hard to find? Parts that I should make sure are still with the car? I was told the front seats had been replaced with something not factory.

Welcome! the whole car is usu the hardest to find!! LOL

:worthless_thread:

Thanks! Here are a few pictures of my past and present Mopars.

Attachments

• 66belII.jpg
    66belII.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 343
  • dartdoor3.JPG
    dartdoor3.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 354
I want to see the 1970 Road Runner. Love that year.

All the parts are hard to find, as it's a one year only body.

Attachments

• bird1.JPG
    bird1.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 297
A bunch of parts are now reproduced, but many aren't. 68-70B hardtops have a lot of common parts - glass, door hardware, console stuff, suspension, steering linkage, axle, brakes, some sheetmetal, and such. Grilles, emblems, decals are generally unique to year/model. The 70 quarter panels are unique, with the scoop. AMD is reproducing nearly all the hardtop sheetmetal. I got one of their 70RR fresh air hoods - VERY accurate repro and actually fit better than the orig. Most all of the fresh air stuff is being reproduced.

I'm on my 3rd 70RR restoration, this one being a convertible. Fortunately I collected a lot of parts in the 80s when these cars were plentiful in boneyards. I like all the mopars, but the 70RR is my favorite.

Attachments

• unload1.jpg
    unload1.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 327
70 is a prize to get your hands on. Not sure about part availability, but if it's like most of the MOPAR's it can be a chore to say the least.

A bunch of parts are now reproduced, but many aren't. 68-70B hardtops have a lot of common parts - glass, door hardware, console stuff, suspension, steering linkage, axle, brakes, some sheetmetal, and such. Grilles, emblems, decals are generally unique to year/model. The 70 quarter panels are unique, with the scoop. AMD is reproducing nearly all the hardtop sheetmetal. I got one of their 70RR fresh air hoods - VERY accurate repro and actually fit better than the orig. Most all of the fresh air stuff is being reproduced.

I'm on my 3rd 70RR restoration, this one being a convertible. Fortunately I collected a lot of parts in the 80s when these cars were plentiful in boneyards. I like all the mopars, but the 70RR is my favorite.

Sweet car. Good luck with the build.

Auto Transport Service
Back