• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Charger R/T Dash Emblem Reproduction

Do you need or want a 1971 Charger R/T Dash Emblem?

• Total voters

nstyle73

Local time
9:17 PM
Reaction score
From my understanding the 1971 Charger R/T dash emblems are not reproduced and the couple that I have seen that became available were quite pricey as there were just over 3000 released in cars. I have an acquaintance that reproduces similar pieces in various plastic resins and does good work. I have reached out to him and he is willing to undertake the project. Since he is doing me a favor I wanted to see what the interest would be for him to make a few dollars for his time as I know I have seen a few people looking for these. No commitments, no money, I don't get a price break at a certain number. Price is not even set. I know there will be a lot of questions, but maybe just people that currently need one, not even people that would actually buy one. His other similar products are typically $75 and less and are virtually indistinguishable from the originals other than the plastic make up.

IMG_1292.JPG

Correct, no one reproduces the Charger emblem. Tony's just released the Road Runner emblem for 50.00. I would think that if you could keep the price under 75.00 you could sell a good run of them. Sorry I don't need one myself.

From my understanding the 1971 Charger R/T dash emblems are not reproduced and the couple that I have seen that became available were quite pricey as there were just over 3000 released in cars. I have an acquaintance that reproduces similar pieces in various plastic resins and does good work. I have reached out to him and he is willing to undertake the project. Since he is doing me a favor I wanted to see what the interest would be for him to make a few dollars for his time as I know I have seen a few people looking for these. No commitments, no money, I don't get a price break at a certain number. Price is not even set. I know there will be a lot of questions, but maybe just people that currently need one, not even people that would actually buy one. His other similar products are typically $75 and less and are virtually indistinguishable from the originals other than the plastic make up.

View attachment 548010

As long as it is not like the other reproduction dash emblems that melted in the sun... The previous ones made for 71-4 Road Runner, Gtx and Super Bee look ok but did not last in heat. The 3 pins were drilled and glued in not molded as one piece like original. The warping/melting was insane from heat...

Last edited:
The guy is very good with resin selection, doing coolant reservoir bottles as well as gas tanks using rotational molding. I have one of his products that mounts on an engine so I have confidence in his work. That said, he might look into mounting modifications to improve longevity or simplify install. I doubt this would be something the #'s guys are going to want, but more something the average joe with a nice driver needs to complete the car.

After evaluating how the emblem is made, the producer, doesn't feel that he can reproduce these in a quality that people would want to buy. IE, the details like the silver outline and the red in the R/T would have to be hand painted and after discussion with me, we decided to beef up the mounting pegs slightly. This is fine for me, but I am sure many others would criticize as he is not a professional molder, but rather an HVAC tech that dabbles on the side. That said, here is the first from the mold.

IMG_1329.JPG IMG_1330.JPG IMG_1331.JPG IMG_1332.JPG IMG_1333.JPG

I have a very nice original unit posted in forum for sale section.

Last edited:
These were the first couple out of the mold. There are some voids around the edges. He asked me to try painting them to see if the voids would fill with paint. He ran a couple more with a higher mold pressure and had better results. The paint is still wet and looks sloppy up close but its a first coat and the bottom one is the original, which you can see that they were not particular with their red paint either. I also think I need to upgrade to a higher quality paint.

fullsizeoutput_32.jpeg

These were the first couple out of the mold. There are some voids around the edges. He asked me to try painting them to see if the voids would fill with paint. He ran a couple more with a higher mold pressure and had better results. The paint is still wet and looks sloppy up close but its a first coat and the bottom one is the original, which you can see that they were not particular with their red paint either. I also think I need to upgrade to a higher quality paint.

View attachment 566970
I would take one unpainted if I had the chance, I would also pay the 75 bucks for a nice one and wouldn't think twice about it. Rob at [email protected]

The guy I had make them actually passed away unexpectedly. He make 3-4. They were pretty nice but the initial ones has some tiny air bubbles about the size of a pencil lead that prevented a perfect finish. They filled in with paint and from 3-4 feet away they weren’t noticeable

Auto Transport Service
Back