• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Roadrunner Lock Cylinder C-Clip ??

Kind B

Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Can someone tell what the correct clip is that connects to the back part of the cylinder on the Key lock mechanism, I have a c clip, I'm wondering if it wasn't more of a specific clip though.. I cant get my door locks installed bcuz I cant get a good enough grip on the clip to apply enough pressure to install it, any suggestions

I don't think there was a "specific" "C" clip for the cylinders. Look around at vendors and see what they have. I know I've seen just the clip or can purchase it as a kit with the cylinders as well.

20171016_115337.jpg

20171016_115322.jpg

That holds the lock cyl. to the inner door panel. Any jobber will have that. Thats what holds the lock in place . spring clip

Can someone tell what the correct clip is that connects to the back part of the cylinder on the Key lock mechanism, I have a c clip, I'm wondering if it wasn't more of a specific clip though.. I cant get my door locks installed bcuz I cant get a good enough grip on the clip to apply enough pressure to install it, any suggestions
That piece in discusion slides towards the inside edge of the door. You may need a thin block of wood long enough to give more leverage sometimes they can be tight

yes thank you but thats not the clip im talking about, i'm talking about the clip that holds the rod up at the cylinder

the little c clip holds the tumbler to the casing at the back.. there is a swing arm attatched prior to the clip.

so what is the easiest way to install the lock, attach that c clip first then feed the rod and lock cylinder into the hole? how does the other end of the rod attach to the locking mechanism thats attached to the door then, the rod that attaches to the lock cylinder is attached to the lock mechanism on the door and i'm not sure how to get it out, i don't want to break anything.

so what is the easiest way to install the lock, attach that c clip first then feed the rod and lock cylinder into the hole? how does the other end of the rod attach to the locking mechanism thats attached to the door then, the rod that attaches to the lock cylinder is attached to the lock mechanism on the door and i'm not sure how to get it out, i don't want to break anything.

the tumbler and casing are assembled first with the arm at the back for the rod then the c clip.. that hods the casing in place.. the out side of the lock assemble is a stainless cover where the key slides in.. .. I wish you had a picture to show.. it would be easeir to explain.. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back