• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Roadrunner Restoration

Well i DID,IF YOU GO TO FOR A BODIES only,go to body and trim see my post wiper arm,snake is my use name there clearly you will see.

I looked up your post and didn't realize the pin itself was what you were referring too. I have the pressed in pin that holds the arm on but I could not find the clip that holds the arm on to the pin. That was what I was looking for and I still have not been able to find anything.

Wow, I just read through this thread for the first time. That's a BEAUTIFUL '72!

Awesome project! The paint looks fantastic! It was worth all the aggravation you went through. You will have fun ride to proud of!
I have a 72 Roadrunner as well and will be getting it to the body shop right after the holidays. Mine will be Petty Blue (original color) and I hope comes out close to yours. I wanted to do it myself as well but I also want to drive before I die!

Steve and the team are putting it back together this week and then they will put the glass back in along with decals. Probably will be the first of the year before I get it home due to the holidays. I don't have any pictures of the car back together but here are some teasers in the mean time :)
View attachment 548908 View attachment 548909 View attachment 548910 View attachment 548911 View attachment 548912

Awesome project! The paint looks fantastic! It was worth all the aggravation you went through. You will have fun ride to proud of!
I have a 72 Roadrunner as well and will be getting it to the body shop right after the holidays. Mine will be Petty Blue (original color) and I hope comes out close to yours. I wanted to do it myself as well but I also want to drive before I die!

Thank you for the kind words, It has been a roller coaster but more than worth it as you said!

Do you have any pictures or a thread on your bird? Petty Blue is a great color on our car. I would have loved to do it myself but I wanted the body to look nice. LOL!

One step closer to coming home! The decals are on along with the new trim. While not original to the car, I really think the wheel moldings add a lot so I got an aftermarket set. They fit perfect. Should hopefully be home next week and the real fun and stress of re-assembly can begin.

I am so glad I chose the white reflective strobe as the original had. I think it really pops on the orange.

IMG955555.jpg
IMG955556.jpg

Love the strobe stripe,I have 1 also,but how long did you have to Waite to apply it,my body shop said 6 weeks.

I am not sure to be honest. I would hope they know better about the paint curing process. It was painted early November so it's been close to 6 weeks.

I am not sure to be honest. I would hope they know better about the paint curing process. It was painted early November so it's been close to 6 weeks.
They have a bake booth....So worry no longer...lol...

I have to say those little touches makes HUGE improvements....The wheel well trim, go wing, ladder stripe and the hood insert...WOW!

Car looks amazing...and coming home soon...Thats very exciting....

Again, if you need an extra hand let me know...

Justin

[Do you have any pictures or a thread on your bird? Petty Blue is a great color on our car. I would have loved to do it myself but I wanted the body to look nice. LOL![/QUOTE]

I should start a thread but don't have all my pictures. Here's a quick picture of my runner stuffed in my small garage.
I really like the way yours looks with the strobe stripe and spoiler I am going to do that on mine as well. It really finishes the body on these cars!
I didn't know where to get wheelwell moldings so thanks for the tip!
20140918_081230.jpg

The time has finally come for the car to come home. I went and saw the car this last weekend for the first time since November and it was pretty emotional. I didn't think I was ever going to be able to get this far (especially this quick) and now that I see it, it's kind of surreal. I have been on cloud 9 all weekend getting the garage ready for it to come back home so I can start putting it back together. I got some pictures of it out in the sun and it's strange to see the difference of how much redder it looks in the shade vs the sun.

Hard to believe it went from this:
1.jpg

To This!
2.jpeg

3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg

7.jpeg

Brian

The car looks amazing! WOW!

I know the backstory and it has been a long road for you but this was one HE## of a good stopping point to all that past drama/problems/cost.....

One very happy couple!

Now the fun part begins, the assembly! Don't rush it and just take your time. You waited this long for a perfect paint job.....Take the time and finish it in the same manner...

I am always around if you need an extra hand...

Justin

Reading your thread and seeing the transformation has me itching to start on my daughter's 72 Satty. I've always loved the first 2 years of the 2nd gen and after having mine complete for a few years I can't wait to get dirty again. Nice job, looks beautiful!!!!

Wow she looks awesome! I will be going through the same thing as mine will going to the body shop in the next week or two. My body guy had issues with broken pipes last week due to the extream cold up here so it delayed getting the car over to him.

Thank you all for the kind words! I can't wait to get it home today and get started putting it back together. Nervous and excited at the same time haha.

Auto Transport Service
Back