• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 B-body suspension overhaul

WhEElsofTerroR.

Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I have been working on a 1973 charger project for a couple years now, it is a base 318 car that I have swapped a 360 and A-518 into. All of the front suspension is completely worn and the car handles like a truck. I am looking to overhaul all of the front suspension and bushings. I am a college student and am on a short budget, do you have any recommendations on kits? I noticed the 71-74 challenger and the earlier 70-72 charger suspension kits are much cheaper than the 73 charger kits. What is the difference between these?

IMG_8813.jpg

73-4 B-body is a completely different K-member set-up than a 70-4 E-body or a 71-2 B-body set-up so the parts are different than those and priced differently...

Last edited:
Yup, completely different deal... First thing I'd do is put urethane body to subframe mounts... What part of California? Doesn't look like LA... :lol:

Check with PST to replace the wearable suspension parts, shock absorbers, etc. along with ^^ subframe mounts.

I agree on the solid or stiff poly ISO bushings.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Now lets talk about those upper control arm bushings and the lack of documentation on replacing them.

...and that 1973 only steering "rag joint" coupler.

Auto Transport Service
Back