• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1973 Satellite "clonerunner" 440/727

Status
Not open for further replies.

d fark

Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Listing for sale my 73 Satellite. Nearly rust free body with a driver quality repaint by previous owner. Made into a Roadrunner tribute with striping, power bulge hood, and has very nice Roadrunner dash. Interior is all original otherwise and could stand to be redone. Bench seat, column shift.
Originally a 318/904 8.25" rear, with factory a/c. I have all the old parts. Now has a fresh 440/727 and Moser muscle pack Dana 60 with 3.54 gearing. Done in 2013. Less than 1000 miles on drivetrain. I plan to be at the Nationals on Saturday with title in hand, in the fun field.
Good solid car that will drive anywhere on premium pump gas. Selling due to work I just don't have time to enjoy her. If you have any questions send a pm and I will answer to the best of my ability. Located in western Ohio near Dayton. Thanks for looking and thank you FBBO for the space. Asking $15,000 or best offer.

IMG_1094.JPG IMG_1098.JPG IMG_1099.JPG IMG_0641.JPG IMG_0644.JPG IMG_0645.JPG IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1287.JPG IMG_1290.JPG IMG_1291.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_1302.JPG
Price drop to $14,000. Drove it to the Nationals and back 250 miles, no issues, and did 10 mpg cruising at 65 (3000 rpm). Will consider an older Mopar in trade and I could throw some cash (up to $5000) at a higher value car.

Did you do the 440 transplant?

What motor mounts and headers were used?

I used to run around Woodman Dr in the mid 1980's.

You remember any of that?

I remember Woodman but never took part. I cruised Broadway in Greenville till town shut it down. Good times, I wish I had a Mopar back then. We all had pickup trucks.
Anyways, Bruce Snyder of Winchester Indiana, built the engine and he and his son Trent installed it in the car and tuned it. Machine work done by Waterfields of Muncie, IN. Purchased 440 block from Bruce (1970) Schumacher mounts and their tri-Y headers. 2.5" exhaust and dynomax ultraflow mufflers. Has original K member and torsion bars from the 318. 727 trans by Andy Reid (superior transmission) also of Winchester. Rear axle from Mosers(complete).
Thanks and let me know if you have more questions

I have to keep asking pertinent questions or my posts will get pulled.....

That's some good pedigree info on your engine.

How about the axle?

That is a nice looking car. I fell in love with a 73/74 Satellite in those same colors back when it was new. It was in the East 3rd St area when I was about 5.

I remember many times going to Richmond IN at 3:00 am six months out of the year because IN was not on DST and you could still buy beer for 1/2 hour and it only took 20 min to get there.

Woodman was pretty serious during the 80's. You could get into half a dozen or more street races if you wanted to on any given Friday night.

Lol. Throw in a question now and then.
Axle is complete moser muscle pack Dana 60. 3.54 gear with Detroit trutrac(no clutches). Used firm feel plates and U bolts to eliminate the rubber iso-mounts. The moser 60 has an adjustable pinion snubber. There are no air shocks, the stance of the car is all leaf spring, done by previous owner.
Thanks for sharing your memories I love those old stories

Last edited:
IMG_1133.JPG
IMG_1138.JPG
IMG_1140.JPG
IMG_1143.JPG
IMG_1144.JPG
Price drop $13,500 OBO.

Price drop to $ 13,500. Willing to assist with trucking, delivery, etc. pretty open on trade offers of equal value Mopars including pickup trucks. Or trade me your roller or project and throw some cash my way. Would also trade for a 50-90 HP farm tractor of equal value.
Will consider any reasonable offer. Cash talks
Thanks

Last edited:
Lower price, $12,500 OBO

IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0542.JPG
Didnt realize it but I guess it's a Satellite Sebring, and it did start life in California. Have a whole bag of receipts from the 80's and 90's. The owners manual is $ 12,000 and I'll throw the car in for free.

Willing to sell as a roller for $ 6000, Dana stays in, and will include the original 318 and 904 which was running when taken out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back