• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3/8 fuel line to factory carb lines

Bill Monk

Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
I do not have and A12 car but I run a 440 6bbl. The car still has the original 5/16 fuel line and it needs replaced so I figure now is the time to swap it to 3/8. The question comes at tying the 3/8 line into the factory style carb lines which were all 5/16 as far as I know. How did ma mopar handle the transition? The brass blocks on the carb lines are threaded for the 5/16 line.

You need the fuel vapor separator. Mounts below the Alternator like this:

Mopar Fuel Gas Vapor Seperator Hemi 440 68-71 Cuda Charger Daytona GTX SuperBee | eBay

You need the fuel vapor separator. Mounts below the Alternator like this:

Mopar Fuel Gas Vapor Seperator Hemi 440 68-71 Cuda Charger Daytona GTX SuperBee | eBay
Thanks, I found a work around in an adapter that will allow me to run a 3/8 line all the way to the first block on the carbs lines.

Can we get a picture of that SIX PACK?
Thanks,!!

Can we get a picture of that SIX PACK?
Thanks,!!
I don't have a real good picture and some mount different as well. But, here is a pic of my 70 sixpack engine showing the separator. It mounts to the front fuel pump bolt and behind the alternator bracket. The white arrow is pointed at the 5/16" return that goes back to the tank.

440 Six pack-2.jpg

Here is a pic from the front Trans rebuilt.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, where can I get one? Also is that transition at the pump to 3/8? I was going to go with
Stainless A+N fittings with an inline fuel pressure guage. Is that a '65 SATTY in the background?
I have one I'm selling (a roller with everything if you know anyone)
Thanks Again
Mitch

Thanks, where can I get one? Also is that transition at the pump to 3/8? I was going to go with
Stainless A+N fittings with an inline fuel pressure guage. Is that a '65 SATTY in the background?
I have one I'm selling (a roller with everything if you know anyone)
Thanks Again
Mitch
Mitch, I just looked on Ebay. Vansautollc has one for $38.00. I know I paid twice that for mine back in 99. Punch in "B body 440 fuel separator" and a few of them come up.
They are 3/8" in and 3/8" out with a 5/16" return. There is no filter in them so you still need a filter. I put my inline 3/8" filter between the fuel line and the pump but I suppose you could put it above the separator if you want.
The black car is a 65 Sport Fury conv.

Ok sounds great thanks, BTW did you put fuel filter in before pump or after pump? As I have one in already but that will be relocated!
Thanks for the HELP
Mitch

Ok sounds great thanks, BTW did you put fuel filter in before pump or after pump? As I have one in already but that will be relocated!
Thanks for the HELP
Mitch
3" before the pump. That way you don't have to cut into the metal lines.

If it's not a factory correct deal I really like the promax set up. 3/8's braided. Very easy for carb tunning

IMG_2221.JPG

Nice LEW! I have the original Direct Connection as in the above photo as that is my six pack,
I like the A+N with the braided stainless I was also going to install an in line pressure guage?
LEW is it advantageous to go to 3/8?
Thanks LEW + Six Pack BTW my fuel lines are on the same side as the linkage.
Mitch

I found nothing jumping thru the 3/8" line hoop; but i always wanted to make a set. power is in the pump. you can't increase volume without upping pressure (unless there's some sort of restriction in the 5/16" line and its usually at the double flare). i found it to be a juggling act if you drive the car a bunch. the pump is where i'd put my time and money first.

Im building a mechanical set for the rr.
A fellow board member made the linkage.
IMG_0623.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back