• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318 2 barrel picture please ?

PFG MOPAR

Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have a high res picture of a stock 318 with the air cleaner removed?
I need to hook up the linkage correctly and cant seem to figure it out. :icon_hang:
Fired up my 73 Satellite yesterday for the first time!
Started right up !! :hello2:

Mike..

Mike,

Here are a couple of shots of a 65 318 carb untouched factory set up. Hope this helps.

Arland

Attachments

• DSC00143.jpg
    DSC00143.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 2,318
  • DSC00144.jpg
    DSC00144.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,079
Just saw this late tonight. Funny you should mention it, I was working on my 73 RR 318 2-barrel carb earlier today. I'll try to get you a shot tomorrow. If I remember correctly, it's a little different than the 65 set-up above.
--Luther

318 2 barrel pic

OK, I hope these pic's get attached. I'm having trouble getting them in this thread. If they do show up, they are from my 73 RR 318 2-barrel carb. It's a Carter & not the original, but linkage hooks up the same. One side is the accelerator linkage and the other the auto choke linkage.
--Luther

Attachments

• RRCarb-RtSide.jpg
    RRCarb-RtSide.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 7,792
  • RRCarb-LftSide.jpg
    RRCarb-LftSide.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 5,008
Thanks Luther,, can you tell me where the hose goes to on the egr valve in the first pic?

Last edited:
OK, here goes another try to attach pic's. Looks like it worked. First pic shows that line going to the lowest port on the "vacuum amplifier" (round piece with multiple vac lines attached). 2nd pic is the page in the operator's manual describing how that system is supposed to work & how to test it. On the right side is a diagram showing the vac lines for the EGR. I hope you can read it. I haven't done all those steps to check the system. Plus the molded piece with 3 vac lines attached is probably not seating well on mine (it's the original). But it runs OK, so that's all that matters to me.
Good luck, Luther

Attachments

• VacAmp.jpg
    VacAmp.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,485
  • EGRdescrip.jpg
    EGRdescrip.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,484
I aint got no stinkeeen "vacuum amplifier" !!

I just capped it off .. Ran a vacuum line too it, ran like crap..
Thanks for your help. Now, if you can tell me what the control valve is hooked to in the upper left corner of my pic. One line is a vacuum from the manifold?
The other goes ??

I have a bid on a Chilton in so I won't ask any more stupid questions :icon_axe: I have a clymer book but it sucks.. :read:

Thanks.

Mike.

Attachments

• 318 3.jpg
    318 3.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 5,628
No question is stupid. I remember a high school teacher saying that many, many years ago--ha!

I'm guessing you're talking about the vac valve on the firewall next to the regulator. On mine, the bottom line goes to manifold vac and the other goes to the vac advance on the distributor.

Hope that helps.

--Luther

Now, if you can tell me what the control valve is hooked to in the upper left corner of my pic. One line is a vacuum from the manifold?
The other goes ??

I do believe that is a control valve for the vacuum advance in the distributor.
Your vacuum source should be plugged into your air cleaner, then from your air cleaner to the control valve and then from the control valve to your distributor.
The function of the control valve is to limit the vacuum advance when the motor is running too hot. It gets it's signal from the temp valve in the air cleaner.

6v3Xw.png

74 Plymouth Satellite with 318 and a 2 barrel (This is not a pic of my engine its late at night and I dont have one so I borrowed)
Cool so working on replacing my vacuum lines and I have a 3 port connector(no suction coming from it) where the arrow towards the front of the engine is at (red/green) that I have no clue what all connects to and then I have a line coming from the same one that connects to the same vacuum line as my brake booster(red/blue) and Im not positive where it goes. any helps appreciated thanks. It also looks like I dont have a vac control valve at least not that Im seeing right away

Conrad:
I finally had a chance to look under the hood on my 73 RR with 318 2BBL. At the place where you have the arrow (front of engine), the only vac lines I have there connect between the carb and the fuel evap canister. Not sure if that is a Calif-only set-up, could be. My vac assist line for the brakes comes from a plate under the carb (toward the rear of the engine).
Maybe someone else with a 74 can help you.
Good luck, Luther (former Missourian!)

I think this is what you are looking for.

Should be the same on 2-barrel and 4 barrel.

Attachments

• OASC and Bypass valve small.jpg
    OASC and Bypass valve small.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,149
I think this is what you are looking for.

Should be the same on 2-barrel and 4 barrel.

Awesome! Your the man, this is exactly what Im talking about at the front of the engine, thank you!
One more question, What book is that from?

Its from the 73 Chrysler, Plymouth, Imperial, Chassis Service Manual.

Auto Transport Service
Back