• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

360 magnum swap flex plate question

jay t.

Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
B&M made a flex plate #10242 for a 5.9 swap. Not sure if there's are replacement because it looks like nobody carries it anymore. I want to keep my push button trans. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks. I tried to get in touch with them a couple of times. No response

Newer part number for the B&M piece is 10236, still available on Summit. I've used one of these flexplates before, but they are balanced for an LA 360 rotating assembly. A magnum 360/5.9 is balanced differently. I would think a stock 5.9 balanced flexplate with your converter should work.

my converter bolts don't line up with the flex plate. I think I can use my 63 neutral balance plate and weld a Mopar Performance weight kit to my converter

The magnum flexplate can be made to work on the older converter(at least on a 727), I just did it a couple weeks ago. Three holes will line up and the fourth needs to be filed with a rattail to match. I got my flexplate from the local engine core supply.

Auto Transport Service
Back