• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383/496 stroker bogging on highway

Sounds like it is lean, but is it jetting or fuel supply? How is the tank vented?
Tank is vented with a couple of lines bent like a candy cane, I have a holley black pump, but not the larger regulator they recommend with it. I do have the regulator but have not plumbed it in. I know my pressure is good at wot but the volume may not be there

This is great info, I appreciate the help! I agree with the accelerator pump duration.. I have 31 squirters and I went up a size to see if it would help, but didn't do much. It leans out when I hit the throttle for a second. The cams are whatever came on the carb, maybe I'll pick up a set to play with. Do you think the 750 could be too small? I put a proform center on it to help with air flow. I'm not sure how to get wot to get into 12's for a/f.. my rear jets are maxed out from the kit I have, maybe go up a size in front?
31's are a good start on the primary. The secondaries usually need to be bigger (sometimes a lot bigger) from my experience. I'd go quite a bit bigger on the secondary to see if it helps richen it up when you stand on it. Try some orange cams. Their fairly aggressive. The 750 is small for that cubic inch engine but if your not getting enough fuel to supply it you'll really have trouble with an 850. When you say your secondary jets are maxed out what size are you talking?

Auto Transport Service
Back