• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 426 Hemi Valve Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a set of CHROME Hemi Valve Covers, for my '65 SS build. Let me know what you may have. Thanks

I got a set for my 65 from Mancini in their overstock section, but does not look they have any more.
If you want the SS style air horns, Mancini still has those on sale, but still pricey.

Do you have K heads (64/65) or 66 and later heads?

They are later aluminum heads. Just trying to keep a more date correct look on the build. The engine came with a set of aluminum KB valve covers, but I really don't want to use them on the engine. Those will probably be up for sale in the future...

The old style chrome 426 valve covers are no longer made. I have been looking for a few months. And any that are on fleabay are scratched or too bad to use.

I have a set, might have some light scratches I'll post a few pics.

With the lack of Chrome covers available, I was wondering if anyone has tried, and succeeded with powder coating a set of stamped covers ? Any feedback appreciated, Thanks...

With the lack of Chrome covers available, I was wondering if anyone has tried, and succeeded with powder coating a set of stamped covers ? Any feedback appreciated, Thanks...
I have yet to hear about powder coating, what can be done is the new paint in water idea. They pour paint into a solution which is more H2O than paint. Dip the valve covers and it comes out really well and nice. Also just a good paint will work.

20171010_162924.jpg

I would think that Leeanne, "cudachick" could do it. Performance Graphics, I think. She's on the forums.

I would think that Leeanne, "cudachick" could do it. Performance Graphics, I think. She's on the forums.

oldbee, thank you for the plug! I actually own Phoenix Specialty Coatings and know zilch about graphics. LOL

Sorry I'm late to the party! I have done a couple sets of old Hemi valve covers though (Chrysler Fire Powers), and two sets of the new KB aluminum ones. My pics are from 2011 so it's been awhile. The customers were looking for more of a brushed aluminum / gray primer look than a chrome replica so I'm only posting up one set, but the color you choose really doesn't matter when it all comes down to it ... as long as the prep is done right it should turn out fine.

Chrysler Firepowers3.jpg
Chrysler Firepowers2.jpg
Chrysler Firepowers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back