• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 bore size

I always do the cyls first take out only what is needed and of the bore is not normal, say .0225 over then I order pistons from Ross for that size bore and they are usually spot on. Why would you go to .030, if the walls get scuffed or something happens not to bad than go .030 or .040, were as if you went .030 to start with going to .040 might not fix it than you are going .050 or .060.

Everything is under control,just had a blonde moment I guess,no worries, I had Pistons already n everything is done I as per a few suggestions here,10.25 speed pro flat tops ,bottom end all done hardened crank rods are from a military 440 n all balanced,heads are 68 906 polished n ported n going with the luntia Voodo roller cam #10230703 494/513 lift n 355 gears out back n a 727 with a 2500 hundred stall.

Everything is under control,just had a blonde moment I guess,no worries, I had Pistons already n everything is done I as per a few suggestions here,10.25 speed pro flat tops ,bottom end all done hardened crank rods are from a military 440 n all balanced,heads are 68 906 polished n ported n going with the luntia Voodo roller cam #10230703 494/513 lift n 355 gears out back n a 727 with a 2500 hundred stall.

Sounds sweet!

I looked up that P/N on Summit, and it shows that cam with 494/513 lift as being a hydraulic flat tappet cam. Is that the cam you are using? I'm trying out a solid roller cam. Let us know how well yours works!

It's deffinatly the roller cam probably gave wrong part# as I had a list here of what I was debating to use,I'll check # n post correct one.that a deffinate yes when I get it all done n said.

For what it's worth...a machine shop won't make any cuts on your cylinders, until they have your pistons in their hands. If you already have pistons, machine shop should ask for them.

If your machine shop wont do what you ask it's time to find a new one.
If you are getting custom pistons you need the bores done first.

Auto Transport Service
Back