• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

500ci stroker intake choice

i know this isn't what your looking for but, this is the nicest driving/over all performance intake system i've ever used. this is on a stock stroke 440, mild mech cam, rpm heads, tti exhaust, auto trans (no loose converter), 3.23 gear. if it was a stroker i have no idea what i'd do with the extra torque. power is very smooth; easy to tune. big cubes want air.View attachment 499132

Looks good man! Yea I have the tunnel ram twin carb deal now. I am looking for a stock look with a big cfm single holley. Just preference, but yours looks awesome as well! Thats why I am going to go with the single plane for the airflow....Big cubes need big air.

Well as stock as it gets with a 500ci and all the other stuff that goes with it....( TTI, electric fans, electric water pump, aluminum radiator, etc...)
:rofl:

Last edited:
Looks good man! Yea I have the tunnel ram twin carb deal now. I am looking for a stock look with a big cfm single holley. Just preference, but yours looks awesome as well! Thats why I am going to go with the single plane for the airflow....Big cubes need big air.
the indy dual plane has a lot of volume and will move some air. a friend had one on a 508 with a 950 holley and was pretty successful with it.

Yea I'll look into that. Doesn't the Indy intake require the Indy head bolt pattern or does it use standard Mopar bolt patterns? Read somewhere that Indy does wierd crap like that with their head and intakes. I still feel that with this big of a motor and street tires anything I pick will have enough low end response where it will have traction issues until 40 mph....

:lol:

Yea I'll look into that. Doesn't the Indy intake require the Indy head bolt pattern or does it use standard Mopar bolt patterns? Read somewhere that Indy does wierd crap like that with their head and intakes. I still feel that with this big of a motor and street tires anything I pick will have enough low end response where it will have traction issues until 40 mph....

:lol:
it has a stock bolt pattern and port window. car went 121mph/mid-elevens; 4150lb '67 charger, 3.23 gears, and stock cast iron exhaust manifolds.

I run a reworked torquer 2, the corner runners are the weak ones on it. 505' wedge, raised port cnc alum. heads, 1200 cfm throttle body. 295 65 15 drag radials, cal tracs., dana 60-3:73 gear, 3200 lbs.. It`s still probly the choke point on mine tho.,dropped base air cleaner off ebay, 3 1/2" x 14 filter under a six pack scoop.-Oh, forgot, A body !

Yea I read that a few days ago but the problem is that the big inch strokers act very different with these intakes vs the standard bore stuff. Same with the cams I guess strokers will eat up duration and lift so always go a few bumps higher in a stroker. Appreciate the info though.

port matched street dominator is a solid choice. My new 499 just came off the dyno with a worked street dom, 625lbft at 4300 rpm and 595hp at 5800. Stoked! Comp cams xs290 solid flat and trick flow heads.

850 holley with sparkling clean street dominator and trick flow 240's.

WP_20170811_14_14_41_Pro.jpg

Ok anybody run one of these or see any dyno numbers yet? I am told they are identical to the RPM manifold but have the mopar script and wedge written on them. Much rather this than the edelbrock. I am also seeing anything under 5000 RPM the dual plane basically runs the same or kicks the others a** in torque so I am leaning that direction. I really like this intake design and look.

newintake.jpg

you might run into trouble fitting that rpm clone under a stock hood as the rpm is very tall. one reason why the old street dominator is useful, it's not much taller than stock.

**** yea...just measured the hood clearance through the scoop hole and I'd have less than a half inch to quarter inch. Way too close for comfort. Looks like I am not running an RPM or Mopar dual plane. I don't need to give myself anymore headaches! :)

I'm pretty sure a Torker either the older Torker or Torker II should fit fine. A TM7 makes a bit more power & seems like it would be a little better with a big inch motor. For dual plane, the old CH4B would fit, especially with a drop base air cleaner but not the power of a TM7.

850 holley with sparkling clean street dominator and trick flow 240's.

View attachment 500016
those are good manifolds, but the runners and plenum are too small for a 500" motor if u really get down to it. Have also read that the indy dual plane is so bad as far as port alignment, that they have to be epoxied and reworked to even line up! I have a hogged out torquer 2 on my 505, and think it is still the choke point. Thinking about buying professionally reworked one when I get the coin. Filter is about 3/8" from the bottom of my 6 pack scoop.

Found a TM7 and it is on its way! Give this a whirl and see how it runs with a Quick Fuel 850 Q series!

Auto Transport Service
Back