• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 Pack carb questions

First off Thank you for the help. I appreciate the comments from everyone

Update!

I just came in from the garage. The idle enrichment adjustment screw did NOTHING when i closed it which confirms my suspicion that the powervalve has failed. Upon close inspection you can see there is a heavy, steady drip of fuel on the center carbs boosters which i believe is the smoking gun in this case. No wonder it burns your eyes at idle. My god there is a lot of fuel going in there... I seriously noticed a drop in fuel economy.
My questions:

1. Now i need to order the correct rebuild gaskets. Anyone got a P/N handy? I noticed my rear carb base gasket has "rear" stamped in the exposed gasket surface area. I thought they were all the same?

2. So the consensus is to leave the fuel fittings alone that go into the carbs and disconnect at the junctures where they T off to the individual bowls?

3 Any hints on disconnecting linkage that makes lifer easier at disassembly? I.E order of operation. (again my intent is to remove the center carb so im open to any tips.) Seems some take only the center out and others take the rear and center off every time.

Anyway, on the course to getting this fixed. Man that 6 pack linkage is like a rube goldberg cartoon.... A lot more going on than a four barrel!

The carb base gaskets are all marked rear,meaning that is the back of the gasket's.Also,a word of advice on gaskets,the original are a heavy cardboard about 3/32" thick,use nothing else,the thin black that come in most kits will not seal if your carb base is not 100% flat.I think they are still available separately from Mega Parts.

Update

The source of the overly rich condition / dripping fuel turned out to be a bad needle and seat. Easy fix!

Auto Transport Service
Back