• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 64-65 Steering Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparsrul

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple nice steering wheels for my 64 Polara and 65 Coronet. I would prefer Aqua color, but I will not rule out any color or in need of small repairs.

I also need a new steering wheel for my '65 Coronet, and turquoise is my color. Classic Industries offers new '65 wheels in black, gold, or red, for under $300 & shipping, so I'll probably be painting one to match...

Yes I feel that's the way I will most likely go. I just figured I would give it a try the sun cooks all of the originals here. Most of them are beyond repair.

lol - same exact situation (and color) for my 64 belvedere.

I purchased a refurbished one from a guy on E-Bay for my 64 Belvedere. He does this as a side job.
Looked great until some fat slob got in my car at Carlisle and used the steering wheel as leverage to try and move the seat back. Needless to say he cracked it.

That's a bummer. It sounds like it would be worth it for someone to reproduce them in the correct color.

I also found a source in California that will use your core (inner metal frame), and re-mold a "new" wheel for you in your choice of color. Sounds like the way to go for a High End restoration. The price was the hold up, at around $1250 & shipping. I can probably locate the info for anyone with interest...

I also found a source in California that will use your core (inner metal frame), and re-mold a "new" wheel for you in your choice of color. Sounds like the way to go for a High End restoration. The price was the hold up, at around $1250 & shipping. I can probably locate the info for anyone with interest...
Mine in Aqua was around $550.00 shipped.

Dartforforty I would be interested in knowing where you got it from and was the color correct. $550 is reasonable.

The repros have holes in the plastic on the back side, not only are they ugly, but will crack at every hole.

Here's what I removed from my 64' Fury. Will not separate. $175 plus shipping.
IMG_20160502_160326.jpg
IMG_20160502_160335.jpg
IMG_20160502_160335.jpg
IMG_20160502_160335.jpg
IMG_20160502_160335.jpg
IMG_20160502_160335.jpg
IMG_20160502_160412.jpg IMG_20160502_160359.jpg

Good to know, I guess keep looking for one that I can restore.

Hello Everybody---I'm the guy that restores steering wheels in my spare time and I've been doing it for customers worldwide for over 25 years now. The only problem is that after May 1st I don't have very much spare time. We own a christmas tree, hay and vegetable farm that takes up a lot of my time this time of year. I can still restore steering wheels, but the turn around time is greater this time of year. I try to do most of my auto parts related work from December 31st to May 1st. I also have a pretty big supply of original cores here in my warehouse for most of the early B-body cars if you either don't have an original steering wheel or if yours is beyond help. Take Care and happy motoring this summer, Charlie.

I purchased a horn ring and the contact parts for my 65 Coronet from 65satelliteman. Great guy to deal with, knowledgeable and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back