• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara Gen3 Turbo Build

lxmodguy

Gen3 Hemi Guru
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
This is a bit of a do-over from my previous thread. It was two years worth of playing in the sand. So here is where I am today and my go forward plan to finish the car.

Here is what is done so far
AJE Tubular front end with coil overs and rack and pinion power steering
Wilwood disc brakes all the way around with hydrboost
Moser fabricated 9 inch with wavetrac diff
American racing 17x10.5 rear wheels with 325/40/17 M&H drag radials
American 17x8 with goodyear 245/45/17 radials
Phoenix built 4L80 transmission and custom converter with a Fast EZTCM
Ron Francis wiring with push button start
The car is mini-tubbed with the leaf springs moved in.

The new motor is being built by Performance Werks Racing in Alabama
It is a 392 cubic in Gen3 hemi with 9.8:1 compression
It will have the new Thitek aftermarket heads with dual springs (400ish CFM)
Main studs, Head studs, cometic gaskets and all other top notch goodies
I will be running a single 76mm Precision Turbo with an intercooler (undecided on what type)
I am using 6.4 jeep manifolds turned forward to feed the turbo. (heads are dual pattern allowing this)
Small sleeper style cam 227/235 with .600 lift on a 11 LSA. It should idle like a bone stock new hemi

So as you can see I am off to a pretty good start.
I am still undecided on the rear suspension. It has caltracs on it now.
I am still undecided on the computer, it may be a stock 05 computer or a FAST XFI.
I put a summit digital dash in the car, but I think that will be swapped out for a racepak here shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a picture of what the car looks like right now.
photo 2.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to it too. Waiting on the motor. I'm buying the turbo next week week. Once the motor is here I'll figure out where everything goes.

Still looks sexy, is there no engine builder in this area that can handle the Gen III hemi?

There are only a couple I would trust to make one hold together 1000 rwhp

You want me to polish that, lol!!!!! It will make the car faster!!!!

No, but if you have a few honda stickers I will take em. I think you pickup like 10 horsepower per honda sticker. Hell, send me 50 of em and I can probably just skip the turbo all together

How about some Uncle Bens rice, lol!!!!!!!!

The saying for VTEC goes "all the lag of a turbo, none of the power"

Well the cars headed back to the shop today I'll post pictures as I go. We are installing the 12 point cage and rear suspension setup starting this weekend. We are going to drop the motor in and start on the turbo fab work too.

Some other changes. After giving it lots of thought, I'm switching to the holley efi. One controller will do my efi, transm8ssion, and provide all the boost control i need.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Well the cars headed back to the shop today I'll post pictures as I go. We are installing the 12 point cage and rear suspension setup starting this weekend. We are going to drop the motor in and start on the turbo fab work too.

Some other changes. After giving it lots of thought, I'm switching to the holley efi. One controller will do my efi, transm8ssion, and provide all the boost control i need.

WOW very nice i love the looks of the polara and it should be FAST

Away we go

Attachments

• topify_1397748962471.jpg
    topify_1397748962471.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,498
  • topify_1397749003067.jpg
    topify_1397749003067.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,515
Let's the cutting begin