• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara Gen3 Turbo Build

Did they machine off the alternator and A/C condenser pads on the timing cover? I am curious as it looks like a truck cover just missing some more aluminum

Did they machine off the alternator and A/C condenser pads on the timing cover? I am curious as it looks like a truck cover just missing some more aluminum

Are you asking about mine? I am using a car cover.

Heres the latest update. The carbon fiber insets are done on the body moldings. It is really hard to get a good picture.

11817253_10205126774671487_4468313709188441051_n.jpg

Thanks Darius. I'm trying to mate a 2013 challenger dash to the car right now. Wish me luck. It's more complicated than I thought.

Look thru my build thread again,there may be some pics there to help you, however, I am not as familiar with the Challenger dash. Do you have the donor car available or is it one you got from the junk yard? The key to mine was the frame itself as it fit with minimal mods. After that it was a matter of trimming for the cover. Have fun!
Are you using the console as well? The key to that was the "platform" that was spot welded over the hump. There are some pics of that in my thread

Off to the chassis shop in the morning. They are copying RVW's cage for the most part. A little different with the rear suspension since mine is coil over.

Well, I made it to the chassis shop today. It looks like some of the 4 link stuff can be re-used but a lot has to be thrown away thanks to the previous chassis guy. Some of it just wasnt going to hold and it need to be replaced. It looks like at least a month until they can get on it and probably 3 weeks to do the work once they get going on it. Here's the agenda for the chassis

Full chromoly cage with rear tree
4 link built off the rear tree
Narrow rear end 6 inches
Swap rear wheels and tires to a 15 with a 315/60/15 MT Drag radial
Mount the motor on an AEI plate
Mount the turbo's
Fab the cold side plumping
Fab the exhaust
Mount the seats
Mount the full cell
Mount the ice box
Mount the fuel pump

Last edited:
Ice box? You gonna be driving around with cold food? LOL!!

Well shes alive and running. I cant seem to download the video though. I will post it asap

I'm waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Here is the video

[video]https://youtu.be/KQIPjpqcpL8[/video]

Isn't that engine missing something(s)?

I want to hear it "sing" with the turbos! Dammit man, lol!!

Me too, me too. Its been too long with way to many problems. Big thanks to Dave and Modern Muscle for getting the motor ready, running it on the engine stand to make sure it was perfect. Huge step in the right direction

wow, i love the carbon fiber inserts and the motor sounds really healthy. those two snails on each side gonna make that motor roar. cant wait til ya run down the 1/4.

Auto Transport Service
Back