• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara Gen3 Turbo Build

8.5 sec geez is that all, lmao. thats flying. i got the stock 6.1 in mine. can i get modern muscle cam to get that lopey idle like that. i love the sound of that.

Well its probably capable of mid 7's but I don't want to put a funny car cage in it. I can get you a cam abd get you tuned. I get all my stuff through Dave

OOOhhhhhhh that sound awesome. I think some whine will go nicely with that!

The motor is here. The chassis shop is going to go ahead and put in the motor for me and check all the drivetrain angles. I still need to send my converter off to Greg Ducato to get it restalled for the turbo combo. Hopefully with a little more luck I will get the back by the end of the month and it will be fire and fuel away from running.

About friggin' time! I thought you were taking a vacation, lol!

Well nothing from the motor was off the shelf. It was all basically one off stuff. It takes a while to build that kind of a motor. 4.170 bore by 3.90 stroke was as close to the original 426 bore and stroke as we could get and it took an aluminum block to get there. It will easily make 1xxx to the tires without breaking a sweat. That was a motor worth waiting for.

Thanks Greg, I appreciate all the trans and converter questions you've answered along the way. Btw, I've decided I'm going to turn it down a little bit and get used to it. Then I'll bring you the trans back to fortify it in every way possible.

The intake is coming along nicely.

5a3f0d1a6b6dee1f9b417268a46a8824.jpg
72a2cb29e0c2eb6aca96bfacb5959232.jpg

The car is sitting at the chassis shop and will be for another month apparently. It looks like we are going to do a full 25.5 on the cage re-do. Really two things come into play. First, I want to be safe. This will be far and away the fastest car I have ever owned. My life is more valuable to me than the car. Second, I honestly believe the car has far more than 8.5's in it. Once it is all sorted I think I can probably get a 7.xx out of it. I think we are talking about numbers in the 1200-1400 wheel range at 3000# by the time I am done.

Officially moving to a th400 and gear vendor. I need the extra holding capacity and the overdrive. Looking for a completely bullet proof setup at 1500 horsepower and torque.

I got a lot of the trim back from coating. It was a lot of work but it turned out great.
fd9a6efded92d6f3aab26b10f99bc426.jpg
dda6aab6163f7d6b1499fd910a0d9326.jpg
dcde6b161fed49cae4f2e78085533ab9.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back