• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara Gen3 Turbo Build

What, a chassis car can't be a street car? It will have AC and a stereo :). I would drive it coast to coast without any concern. I do think that once I have run the times I wanted I will probably pull some boost out of it and put the 4L80 back in it. Then you'll have to help me figure out how to make the 4L80 hold up to it. Although it is going to be pretty light which should make it an easier job at that point.

Always happy to help sir! Still looking forward to seeing the first burnout post...

So finally an update. The rockers have been cleaned up and the chassis guy started on the floor bars.

he hasnt sent pics...must not have happened :(

There's so much left to do, I'm just trying to keep a level head.

When your ready, I mean, the car is ready to go back together, I'm an air plane ticket away!!!!

Hopefully we aren't too old to put it together by that point.

Chassis coming together

20160224_161123.jpg20160224_161037.jpg
20160224_161054.jpg
20160224_161021.jpg

Wow, you went from a manageable street application to a full tube-frame chassis real quick. We all could dream that our serious turbo builds are reliable enough to drive coast-to-coast, but reality kicks in (or it will soon when you actually drive it). I love my turbo build, but there is no question that you lose that sense of 'reliability' when you stray so far off the beaten path (mine has never left me stranded). A turbo setup on a Mopar is blasphemy to most enthusiasts, so there is very little if any information available. Check out theturboforums.com if you get a chance. Good luck on your build, it's a slippery slope..

Looks like its getting done right this time! Bet you can hardly wait to get it home...

Auto Transport Service
Back