• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara grill restoration needed

Ski 61701

Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
It's a super long story, but I finally got my grill back over the weekend. I had given it to a guy to strip and fix along with "C" trim pieces and hood lip piece. Got the hood lip and "C" pieces back last year, they look great.
The grill bottom portion has been polished but the slats are still in 320grit mode. I'm swamped with other things, and I'm going in for major back surgery at the end of August, and I don't know if I will be able to find time to go out and buy a polishing kit from HF and try not to foul it up. Plus it will need to be bright dipped afterwards.
Question is does anyone know of a reputable polisher and anodizer in Illinois, (or Indiana/ Iowa / Wisconsin) that I can drive to?
I found a place called Pro One Polishing in Hobart Indiana but I cant find any reviews. I know 5.7 polishes etc. But after seeing / reading what UPS and Fed Ex does with packages I really don't want to risk a mangled up grill if I can avoid it.
Thanks

Ski, I just sent mine to Bill Petro. He's in Prospect Heights. It was too far for me to drive, so I double boxed it, along with a padded liner, hoping it makes it there safely. I can get you his contact info if you need it. He's known as "Special T Bill", and '62 -'65s are his thing...

Ski, I just sent mine to Bill Petro. He's in Prospect Heights. It was too far for me to drive, so I double boxed it, along with a padded liner, hoping it makes it there safely. I can get you his contact info if you need it. He's known as "Special T Bill", and '62 -'65s are his thing...

Bill did my grill for my 65 Coronet and it was truly a work of art. Good luck with the surgery and your project.:thumbsup:
upload_2017-7-30_19-10-47.png

It's a super long story, but I finally got my grill back over the weekend. I had given it to a guy to strip and fix along with "C" trim pieces and hood lip piece. Got the hood lip and "C" pieces back last year, they look great.
The grill bottom portion has been polished but the slats are still in 320grit mode. I'm swamped with other things, and I'm going in for major back surgery at the end of August, and I don't know if I will be able to find time to go out and buy a polishing kit from HF and try not to foul it up. Plus it will need to be bright dipped afterwards.
Question is does anyone know of a reputable polisher and anodizer in Illinois, (or Indiana/ Iowa / Wisconsin) that I can drive to?
I found a place called Pro One Polishing in Hobart Indiana but I cant find any reviews. I know 5.7 polishes etc. But after seeing / reading what UPS and Fed Ex does with packages I really don't want to risk a mangled up grill if I can avoid it.
Thanks
I had 5.7 do my 65 Coronet grill and headlight bezels! Did a fantastic job!!! And did them for a very reasonable price! I boxed them up securely and sent via FedEx.Had no problem with it either direction! The other guy mentioned is way over priced!! Close to $1800 bucks! His no better than what 5.7 does for half the price! I've never heard or seen Pro Ones work.

Auto Transport Service
Back