• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Interior Color For Dash, Column and Carpet

DanDokken

Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I am building a 65 Coronet 500, it will be Ruby Red Poly with White Interior
My question is on color for dash, carpet and headliner

Should the dash and column be black with the carpet and white headliner?

Or

Does dash and column get painted body color?

Dan

Do a Google search for 1965 Dodge Coronet interior images and you will get to look at a bunch of them in different colors and I'm pretty sure you get your questions answered. Good Luck !!!!

Go to hamtramck_historical.com and look up the color & trim guides.
Dashes had a "suede" finish on top, and a gloss finish on the lower face, as did the columns in that era.
Not necessarily exterior color, though. Generally a different code and name.
You can find color charts on Ebay for that info, which requires cross-referencing to current paint manufacturers' codes, as most of the toners have changed.
Sometimes other cars' colors - like a Toyota, for example - are so close that only comparison with an original car will show a noticeable difference.

Thinking back, my '65 Coronet 500 was the Maroon body color, and All Black interior. Not sure how the white would change it up ? I wish I had taken pics of that car, but it was my first, and I just beat the heck out of it...

I would go with something close to body color for the dash and carpet. I'm doing a color change to white interior on my convertible because black vinyl and Florida sun don't go well together. This is the color scheme I'm gonna use:
IMG_20231208_201228607.jpg

White seats and door panels in the original patterns with maroon carpet and dash. No red piping!

Auto Transport Service
Back