• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66/67 Dodge Charger Spoiler

gtx446

Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I have 2 out of the 3 pieces for the 66/67 spolier. I am looking for the left side small piece of the Charger spolier.Any info where I can locate one will be deeply appreciated. Also, if I have to buy the all three pieces, I will.

Thx Vic P

Try A383 Wing, he may have some pieces. He used to sell the whole the entire spoiler.

How can I get in touch with A383 Wing?

There was a post on here where A383 Wing was comtemplating doing a second production of the spoilers. I believe he sold all of the initial production. I remember it was aluminum and appeared to be a very high quality reproduction. I think they look awesome on these cars and would like to have one myself.

Absolutely needs one.
Especially at over 150 MPH.
I'm in the market too.

I am not too versed on the spoiler that you guys are talking about. Is it aluminum or fiberglass? if it is fiberglass, I could make these for the Charger crowd at a reasonable price and would be available from now on , just like my fiberglass fenders, bumper, hood and hood scoop for the 66-67 Dodge Coronet / Chargers. What I need is one to copy and the person that supplies the spoiler gets his back in primer and the first one out of the mold for free. I am Larry at Sled City Fiberglass. www.sledcityfiberglass.com [email protected]. Hope to here more about this spoiler.

I am not too versed on the spoiler that you guys are talking about. Is it aluminum or fiberglass? if it is fiberglass, I could make these for the Charger crowd at a reasonable price and would be available from now on , just like my fiberglass fenders, bumper, hood and hood scoop for the 66-67 Dodge Coronet / Chargers. What I need is one to copy and the person that supplies the spoiler gets his back in primer and the first one out of the mold for free. I am Larry at Sled City Fiberglass. www.sledcityfiberglass.com [email protected]. Hope to here more about this spoiler.
see bottom of the page
http://www.retrorarities.com/ChargerLiterature2.htm

On my computer , the pictures are blurry. Are they fiberglass or aluminum. If fiberglass, I can make them.

They were aluminum. I would think one in fiberglass would be good too.

Larry

I received a heads up from Reed (Gpuller) about this on the 1st Gen Forum...
Here are a couple of pictures of the original production spoiler. I do have much better shots at home (at work at the moment as usual) that illustrate the actual profile as seen in a cutaway view. It's a very simple shape... The problem with reproducing these spoilers is the bottom curve, or more accurately put... "curves"... It looks flat and simple, but the back of the deck lid has a slight curve to it running across the back, that levels out when it meets the body on each side. Then there is the curve running up the back of the body and the deck lid. The shape of the curve is constant as it moves from one side of the car to the other, but it rolls upward as it you get closer to the center near the medallion and then rolls back down again at the other side. These are all very subtle changes that could be pulled in when attaching the spoiler to the vehicle if the spoiler has a little give & flex to it.

I will contact you again later via the email address you have posted with more information.
I have been working on a custom spoiler design here for my own 1st Gen, so I have some pretty good information available.

Mike

2002_0727_091848AA.JPG

2002_0727_091903AA.JPG

Here's a sectional look at the model I designed and made up. Sorry I don't have a good pic of the end cut (shape) handy at the moment, but at least you can see the profile. I have the model finished and ready for production, (2 versions actually) but I am holding off on that right now. My recently restored chassis is going into paint here in a couple of weeks, so that's my first priority at the moment.

The fist pic is my original design sketch...
The second pic is an early work in progress shot, showing where I had carved out the basic sectional profile from a 4"x 4"x 8' laminated block. This would later become the master from which the actual molds are made for reproduction.
Profile3.jpg

Spoiler1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back