• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 coronet 440 resto

What did you paint the valve covers with? Some sort of crinkle paint?
Yup, vht hi temp wrinkle. Kind of pain though, I ended up have to have my buddy bake em for a bit to really get the wrinkle to stand up. But it does look nice!

Well it was just supposed to be dropping the engine in but it turned into full on thrash mode! Lol, all that's left is fluids and some brake bleeding then off to paint. Can't wait...
IMG_4166.JPG

I think the black/black/crinkle looks AWESOME. kinda stealth and purposeful. no frills. Great job!

sjd

Thanks man, yea the poly isn't anything to write home about so I wasn't to concerned with highlighting the motor to much. I am happy that I went with the wrinkle, it breaks it the black up just enough! Lol

Update time, go to check in on sleeping beauty. Now final bodywork then paint. Should be all done by next week, can't wait to get it all together.
IMG_4222.JPG
IMG_4223.JPG
IMG_4224.JPG
IMG_4225.JPG

That engine bay looks sweet all blacked out. I like the finish on the valve covers as well...

Got a better look today, still another coat to go plus some cut and buff. Not to bad, but the real question is what trim finish should it go with. Brushed, gloss black or flat black... kind of leaning toward gloss black myself, I feel the brushed might get to lost.
IMG_4308.JPG
IMG_4309.JPG
IMG_4310.JPG
IMG_4311.JPG
IMG_4312.JPG

More goodies when she gets home, every lady needs some good shoes. Lol
IMG_4315.JPG

Thanks it's called Grigio telesto gray. It's a Lambo color, very fine flake with a bunch of duffernt pearls. Gives it a monachromatic look. Can't wait to see it all back together....

Lol, yea I've been watching them for a while. I got him down a fare amount too! Where about a are you diesel?

Nice, you going to make down for the mopar rally show in July?

Also there is a mopar meetup in Santa Clara at the end of the month. I know it's a little haul for ya but there was about 50 plus Mopar's last month. We met up and did a little cruise, it was fun.

Also there is a mopar meetup in Santa Clara at the end of the month. I know it's a little haul for ya but there was about 50 plus Mopar's last month. We met up and did a little cruise, it was fun.

Yup we will be there

Auto Transport Service
Back