• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 Coronet owner

toppers33

Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
Hi to all,
I'm from the UK and the owner of a 66 Dodge Cornet 440. I've had the car nearly a year and it's a great car. Used for cruising and the odd show. It has the 383 4 barrel with a 727 Tqflite and Sure Grip rear. It's heading for the wet Autumn (though anyone who knows the UK will appreciate it's wet most of the year here) so it's currently off the road as I've started fixing a few things that have bothered me about the car. In general it's in v.good condition but with any car of yhis age there is always something to maintain or improve upon. I'll be looking for advice, parts and hope to contribute along the way. I'll post in the relevant forums for that, just thought it'd be good to introduce myself and the car.

Cheers,

Lee

FB_IMG_1492959122842.jpg FB_IMG_1500151592312.jpg IMG-20170806-WA0057.jpg

Nice.

I'm collecting info on factory 383 66 Coronet 440's and Belvedere II cars

This is a back burner project and perhaps someday there will be a web page/site about them.

I have it on pretty good authority that there were only 1679 383-4 1966 Coronet 440's produced.

Id you'd care to share your fender tag and options/build sheet, I'd appreciate it.

Cool Coronet

welcome to FBBO from warm & sunny NorCal Sierra's

Greetings from across the pond. Always good to meet another Coronet owner. I have the younger sister of yours - a 68 Coronet 500. This forum is a great resource. Enjoy!

Nice.

I'm collecting info on factory 383 66 Coronet 440's and Belvedere II cars

This is a back burner project and perhaps someday there will be a web page/site about them.

I have it on pretty good authority that there were only 1679 383-4 1966 Coronet 440's produced.

Id you'd care to share your fender tag and options/build sheet, I'd appreciate it.

Sounds like a great project. I'll send you some details as it would be nice to confirm the car is still factory spec. It still has the original certi-card in the engine bay.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys. This site looks to have tons of info that's relevant so I'm going to enjoy being part of it.

So far I've replaced all the door, window and roofline seals and felts. Adjusted the doors and windows to suit the new seals. Put a new carb on it as the buttery shafts were worn and causing a vacuum leak.
I have a front brake disc kit from Dr Diff to fit over the winter including a booster. A new carpet waiting to go in and the whole of the underside to phosphate and protect from the UK elements.

I'll no doubt find plenty of other jobs but that's all part of the fun with these old classics.

Welcome to the madness . . . Nice looking ride . . . Please think about opening up a build thread in the restoration area to keep us all updated on your work . . .

Love that body style.. Nice Coronet..

Auto Transport Service
Back