• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 hemi satellite value

gtxtra361

Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
I've found a 1966 hemi satellite bit sitting for 40 years. I know condition is everything but I'm looking for a general value of a project. It appears to be fairly solid and all there and original. Doesn't run ( mite with a lil work) but does roll. Thanks

Maybe if you could give a ball park price on what the seller is asking. That's a desired car in anyone's book.

Owner knows it's a valuable car but won't give a price just wants offers on it not persay for sale but for right offer he'd sell it

Remember...finished/nice 66-67 hemi-cars are a LOT cheaper than later models. Resto's tend to cost more than later models. Funny stuff, unless you own them...like me.

Owner knows it's a valuable car but won't give a price just wants offers on it not persay for sale but for right offer he'd sell it
I got cha!
All you can do is offer him the most that you can afford. You can research other ones for sale, in that condition and in fully restored condition. Do an estimate on how much you would have in it to get it there and hopefully it will be in both of your price ranges. Think how much it would be worth as a parts car, not saying anyone would part it out. Good luck and keep us posted!

I have a good friend that has turned down $100K for his
One of the "early ones"
White
Less than 4,000 miles on it
Bob Mazolinni of Bob Mazolinni Racing, San Bernardino, CA
So, it depends on condition, etc

I'd bet ANY REAL Hemi car is worth $30K plus in poor condition

Hagerty values them at 48K in fair condition so take off whatever it will get to get the car into that condition. Prices are flat on those cars.

:xscuseless:

Where has it been sitting for 40 years? Inside or Outside?

It's been sitting outside on concrete covered. Wish I had pictures to show but the guys really eccentric took me a long while to get him to let me see the car and even then he only let me see it for a few min b4 he wanted to cover it back up

It's been sitting outside on concrete covered. Wish I had pictures to show but the guys really eccentric took me a long while to get him to let me see the car and even then he only let me see it for a few min b4 he wanted to cover it back up
Sounds like a high price................

The eccentric ones are the worse to deal with at times. When i was into MGB's i went to see a early one that the owner told me was restorable and he was going to do it but didn't for all the typical reasons. He told me he would only sell it to someone who would treasure it and restore it. When i got there he takes me in his overgrown back yard and on a concrete pad covered by trees and bushes there was the car. Not covered for at least 20 years. The car was totally rusted out bottom sides and tops of fenders,trunk and bonnet (english for hood) The interior was rusted out and gone. The hood had not be opened since the car was parked 20 years ago. I as gently as i could told him the car was not restorable which was my mistake as i wanted it for engine and trans parts. The guy gets a attitude and that was that. A couple of weeks later i see the car on a trailer on my MG forum. Somebody told this guy whatever he wanted to hear,bought the car and stripped it.

Any hemi car will have a good value in comparison to the same model that does not.

I love the early models. Classy styling and less plastic parts. My absolute favorite is a 64 Sport fury!

Who know what can happen in an ever changing market..

I look at a #matching gold 66 sat Hemi about 7-8 years ago in the NYS.... Car hasn't run the past in 10 years. needed a lot of work(Rust) floor boards , trunk etc... Missing alot of interior. & chrome. They guy want 50,000... Made a offer he didn't accept....

bumping it up
there's another thread about a 66 Hemi Satellite
wondering if it's the same car

One thing about making offers, and then him saying no you end up bidding against yourself. I'd offer him a low but fair price, and when the "no, not enough" comes your reply "well what's enough".
A car sitting 40 years is a can of worms. Saw someplace guy had a Dana 60 sitting many years and the guts were rusty, The engine is the big thing you can't see inside but does it turn over with a wrench. When I bought my Satellite engine was on the ground, took the heads off cracked block.

bumping it up
there's another thread about a 66 Hemi Satellite
wondering if it's the same car

if its the same car, it was on cl near jersey shore. there was an ebay link also......thread was about 2 weeks ago

Auto Transport Service
Back