• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 - 440 distributor

NorthOfForty

Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a distributor for my 67 Coronet R/T. I have the repair manual and it has separate distributor numbers for 'with clean air package' and 'without clean air package'. Does anyone know what this means and why would they require a different distributor?

Thanks!

Clean air probably means less timing advance on vacuum&mechanical in the dist. California only in ‘67 if I’m thinking right.

I always thought it was the difference between stick and automatic. Sticks got the CA package. Could be wrong but that's what I've always thought.

Sorry for asking a question that was beat to death last week. So much info to look at. According to my service book the auto and manual can both came with CAP, but with different distributors. Both standard and auto without CAP use 2642748. Standard with CAP uses 2642819. Auto with CAP uses 2642822. Indeed, the difference is in the timing curve. But it is interesting to note the engine timing without MAP is 12.5 BTC, auto with MAP is 5 BTC and standard with MAP is 0 or TDC. That is actually quite a range.

Those A body folks are always ahead of the curve.
Get it?
Curve.:lol:

No , really.

Those A body folks are always ahead of the curve.
Get it?
Curve.:lol:

No , really.
So you mean the c-body guys are even better? Why don’t we have a d-body site? Lol.

Sorry for asking a question that was beat to death last week. So much info to look at. According to my service book the auto and manual can both came with CAP, but with different distributors. Both standard and auto without CAP use 2642748. Standard with CAP uses 2642819. Auto with CAP uses 2642822. Indeed, the difference is in the timing curve. But it is interesting to note the engine timing without MAP is 12.5 BTC, auto with MAP is 5 BTC and standard with MAP is 0 or TDC. That is actually quite a range.
No sweat I was the OP in that thread!:rofl::rofl: It is how I learn asking dumb questions, got me this far!

Auto Transport Service
Back